FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » in cahoots   » Bear-napper can't be charged

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Bear-napper can't be charged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 17 September 2003 05:02 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
He says he wanted a pet. So a Quebec woodsman last week snatched a black bear cub from the Gatineau River — repeatedly running over it with his Jet Ski, its mother snarling from shore. Police later ordered Denis Ryan to release the orphan, but it has little chance of surviving in the wild. And Ryan has no chance of being charged with animal cruelty. Why?

IFAW link

From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foxer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4251

posted 17 September 2003 08:26 PM      Profile for Foxer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This story has been filtering around the hunting and outdoors websites. I get angrier every time I read it.

How can this guy not be locked up?!?!? It's absolutely stunning. What the hell is the matter with quebec law that they can't arrest this guy - he'd be in the pokey or at least facing a fine so large he'd need a 2nd mortgage here in bc!

I can't believe no one there didn't stop him. What an absolute class A jerk! The man has no business being in public. And he calls himself a woodsman. Blockhead is more like it.

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 17 September 2003 08:30 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well, isn't there something about unlawfully obtaining an animal without a health certificate or some obscure technicality they can nail the guy on?
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foxer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4251

posted 17 September 2003 08:37 PM      Profile for Foxer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Apperently theres a gap in quebec law. the guy would have been facing serious charges here in bc. IF he survived long enough to get out of the woods once the people on the beach saw what he was doing. And a bear cub at that - there's about 2 or 3 additional laws broken on top of the 'no harrassing wildlife' law and 'no transporting or confinging wildlife' law. Even mothers with cubs enjoy special protection, never mind the cubs. And i sure wouldn't want to be a hiker who runs into mom for the next year or so.

The man is beyond contempt, and still shows no remorse for his actions. He should be in jail.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca