babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » rabble content   » rabble news features   » All together: No to war!

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: All together: No to war!
Sharon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4090

posted 19 March 2004 12:53 PM      Profile for Sharon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tomorrow, on March 20, 2004, many thousands of anti-war activists are expected to gather across the globe on the first anniversary of the war in Iraq, reiterating the message that “the world still says no to war.” American organizers are hoping that their country's involvement in Iraq has not been forgotten, that global anger has not cooled. Here are five things I've learned about anti-war demos.

Full story

[ 19 March 2004: Message edited by: Sharon ]

From: Halifax, Nova Scotia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Justice
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3877

posted 26 March 2004 12:27 AM      Profile for Justice     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fabulous absolutely fabulous. One of the best opinion pieces I've ever read certainly the best on rabble. And I would be behind many of the ideas. Especially ideas of limiting the use gas and petroleum based products.
verbatim
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 569

posted 26 March 2004 03:43 AM      Profile for verbatim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, good stuff (Statica?). I liked how she wrapped it up with an appeal to expanding action beyond protest marches and demonstrations. Demonstrations, as great as they are, can be safely ignored, as the war in Iraq has ...demonstrated. They are a great statement of public political attitude, but shouldn't be fetishized as actually "doing" something about the problem.
From: The People's Republic of Cook Street | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
saskganesh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4203

posted 30 March 2004 10:17 PM      Profile for saskganesh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
decent enough. but i disagree about the marshall's thing.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca