babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » rabble content   » rabble news features   » A letter to my MP, John Harvard

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: A letter to my MP, John Harvard
Sharon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4090

posted 04 March 2004 03:32 PM      Profile for Sharon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Since when does a Prime Minister of Canada support U.S.-funded death squads over a democratically-elected man who abolished his own army in the name of peace? Since when does a Canadian government prefer to install dictatorships in the Third World instead of building democracies?

The letter

From: Halifax, Nova Scotia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 04 March 2004 03:41 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's a darn good question. It would be nice to hear the answer, wouldn't it?
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lard Tunderin' Jeezus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1275

posted 08 March 2004 12:52 PM      Profile for Lard Tunderin' Jeezus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sharon, I'd be interested in hearing whether you ever received a response to your letter.

Mine, to Liberal MP Carolyn Bennett, went unanswered.

Scott Piatkowski
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1299

posted 08 March 2004 12:57 PM      Profile for Scott Piatkowski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It wasn't Sharon's letter. It was written by Richard Menec and posted by her under rabble features. I believe that Sharon is fairly happy with the performance of her MP, Alexa McDonough.
From: Kitchener-Waterloo | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lard Tunderin' Jeezus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1275

posted 08 March 2004 01:04 PM      Profile for Lard Tunderin' Jeezus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you happen to know him, Scott?
I'd kinda like to know if a wall of silence is the Liberal's strategy on this issue.

Scott Piatkowski
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1299

posted 08 March 2004 01:09 PM      Profile for Scott Piatkowski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No. I knew that it wasn't Sharon's letter, and just clicked on the link to get his name.
From: Kitchener-Waterloo | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sharon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4090

posted 08 March 2004 01:23 PM      Profile for Sharon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll drop Richard a line and ask him if he's heard from Mr. Harvard.
From: Halifax, Nova Scotia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Richard Menec
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5083

posted 08 March 2004 02:45 PM      Profile for Richard Menec   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Other than a telephone call from an NDP MP in Nova Scotia, I haven't heard anything from John Harvard, or any Liberal MP in Manitoba. The letter was copied to all MP's in Manitoba, and to all NDP MP's nationally.
Lard Tunderin' Jeezus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1275

posted 08 March 2004 05:54 PM      Profile for Lard Tunderin' Jeezus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update, Richard.
Richard Menec
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5083

posted 09 March 2004 01:14 PM      Profile for Richard Menec   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A response! A response! Let's see how crafty the Minister of Foreign Affairs can get....

Dear Richard Menec:

Your letter of March 3 has been received and forwarded to the office of the Foreign Affairs minister for comment.

You have made some serious charges in your note. It is not our government's policy to engage in the overthrow of foreign governments but I leave it to the Minister himself to explain our involvement in Haiti, which, I believe, was driven to provide security and humanitarian assistance.

Best wishes,
John Harvard, P.C., M.P.
Parliamentary Secretary for International Trade
774 Confederation Building
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6
Phone: (613) 995-5609
Fax: (613) 992-3199

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca