babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » rabble content   » rabble news features   » Are there any israeli rights?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Are there any israeli rights?
nspecto
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4826

posted 08 January 2004 01:06 PM      Profile for nspecto     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"The Geneva initiative will meet many obstacles because the Palestinian people will struggle to return not only to 1967 territories but will struggle and fight to return to all of Palestine. This is our right.”

Although I see many of the points of this article on the right of return of the palistiniain refugees, what I want to know is if there is any acceptance of israelis and palistinians living together, is there any recognition of the historical violence towards jews which, in part, was a rationale for the creation of the state of israel. Yes I do beleive that palistinian refugees are often living in dire circumstances, often made even more dire by israeli policies and policies of arab governments in whose countries many palistians now reside as "unofficial citizens" in refugee camps. So my question is how do we resolve the "right of return" with the current citizens of israel or is it that they should all have "rights of return" to the many villages they were kicked out of durring the second world war and the many arab states that kicked them out with the establishment of the state of israel. Finally I want to ask, who started both of these wars(1948 and 1967) wich displaced so many palistinians, yes there are many wrongs on the israeli side but I'm wondering if righting the wrongs of one state forces us to create more displaced persons. Just thought I'd ask

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca