babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » rabble content   » rabble news features   » A gallery of dissidents

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: A gallery of dissidents
Sharon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4090

posted 25 November 2003 01:59 PM      Profile for Sharon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I became friendly with the London representatives of the African National Congress of South Africa, particularly Robert Resha and his sidekick Raymond Kunene, an accomplished poet. Neither of these men wanted to be in politics. Robert really wanted to be a sports writer, but repeated arrests for not carrying his passbook had forced him into political action in self-defence.

Book excerpt

From: Halifax, Nova Scotia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sharon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4090

posted 26 November 2003 06:59 PM      Profile for Sharon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Such an interesting story. I loved it. It's getting readers -- but no one is discussing it.
nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 30 November 2003 06:10 PM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is an interesting story.
But it's complete and doesn't seem to require any feedback. Unless we were there, what's to discuss?

From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sharon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4090

posted 30 November 2003 07:03 PM      Profile for Sharon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're absolutely right. But I appreciate your mentioning it. :-)

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca