babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » the media   » Heather Mallick now a CBC columnist

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Heather Mallick now a CBC columnist
deBeauxOs
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10099

posted 25 February 2006 12:47 AM      Profile for deBeauxOs     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Her first column, on public hearings for Supreme Court judges.

I did a Babble search to find if anyone has posted this. Zip. Rien du tout. Nada.

If a previous thread was started, babblers are way more efficient in providing the information than the so-called search engine on this site.

From: missing in action | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 25 February 2006 01:09 AM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was posted by M. Spector, halfway down this thread:Harper to hold show trial for Supreme Court appointee
From: Make the rich pay! | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
deBeauxOs
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10099

posted 25 February 2006 01:21 AM      Profile for deBeauxOs     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
posted by Boom Boom: It was posted by M. Spector, halfway down this thread: Harper to hold show trial for Supreme Court appointee
See, babblers ARE more efficient at locating information on this site than that stupid search engine!!

What I enjoy about Mallick's writing, beside the out-of-the-blue whack to the head that she's perfected, is her loopy and eclectic free-range meanderings & digressions. Who else could include a reference to Princess Diana to make a point?

Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 25 February 2006 05:11 AM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Quote: See, babblers ARE more efficient at locating information on this site than that stupid search engine!!

Actually, I remembered the thread from two days ago, and just put it into Google: "babble show trial" or something similar, click on Google Canada below, and, voila!

I really like Heather's writing, btw.

deBeauxOs
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10099

posted 25 February 2006 11:26 AM      Profile for deBeauxOs     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
posted by Boom Boom: ... Actually, I remembered the thread from two days ago, and just put it into Google: "babble show trial" or something similar, click on Google Canada below, and, voila! ...
There you go, use Google instead of this hopelessly inefficient site search engine!

Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 25 February 2006 11:54 AM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've never used the search engine here.
kuri
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4202

posted 25 February 2006 12:38 PM      Profile for kuri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, this is certainly a step up for Heather! Will she still be a rabble columnist, too?
From: an employer more progressive than rabble.ca | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
arborman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4372

posted 27 February 2006 03:21 PM      Profile for arborman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For some (inexplicable) reason my brain confused Heather Mallick with Rachel Marsden, and briefly threatened to explode. Then things sorted themselves out, and my horror changed into delight. I look forward to reading her columns.
From: I'm a solipsist - isn't everyone? | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
brebis noire
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7136

posted 27 February 2006 03:30 PM      Profile for brebis noire     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know if her piece was actually broadcast (radio or TV) or if it just appears on the website?
mary123
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6125

posted 27 February 2006 10:38 PM      Profile for mary123     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yay congrats to Heather Mallick.
I lurve her!!!!

From: ~~Canada - still God's greatest creation on the face of the earth~~ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Anonymous
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4813

posted 28 February 2006 05:47 AM      Profile for Mr. Anonymous     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To search babble.ca for a term, go to your search engine of choice and type site:rabble.ca "[search term 1]" [search term 2] [etc.]

So for example, this query might be written as site:rabble.ca "Heather Mallick" CBC

Much faster, and just as accurate - if not more so.

(Thanks to whomever it was here who first mentioned this on another thread)

From: Somewhere out there... Hey, why are you logging my IP address? | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Scott Piatkowski
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1299

posted 28 February 2006 10:17 AM      Profile for Scott Piatkowski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brebis noire:
Does anybody know if her piece was actually broadcast (radio or TV) or if it just appears on the website?

CBC.ca has a Viewpoint section that is independent of radio and TV. But, you can hear Heather this morning on "The Current" between 9:10 and 9:30 am. If that time has already passed in your timezone, listen here.

[ 28 February 2006: Message edited by: Scott Piatkowski ]

From: Kitchener-Waterloo | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
swirrlygrrl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2170

posted 28 February 2006 02:52 PM      Profile for swirrlygrrl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeesh. I heard part of that interview this morning and had to turn it off...I'm usually not all that impressed with Anna-Maria Tremonti's interviewing (is the woman capable of asking a hard hitting question?), and Mallick's pompousness was grating on me. Her writing is much better than her prattling on about how talented and well read and intelligent she is. *blech*

Oh, just noticed your from line Scott - yay! Kitchener would be lucky to have you!

From: the bushes outside your house | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
CMOT Dibbler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4117

posted 28 February 2006 05:47 PM      Profile for CMOT Dibbler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought she was quite self efacing.

She sounds like good woman She seemed a bit frazzeled though, like she was panicing, desperate to get her point across. She's better then Marget Atwood however. Atwood is so laconic you could skate on her emotions.

[ 28 February 2006: Message edited by: CMOT Dibbler ]

From: Just outside Fernie, British Columbia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scott Piatkowski
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1299

posted 28 February 2006 06:49 PM      Profile for Scott Piatkowski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by swirrlygrrl:
Oh, just noticed your from line Scott - yay! Kitchener would be lucky to have you!

They already have me. They just have to decide whether they want me

From: Kitchener-Waterloo | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
CMOT Dibbler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4117

posted 28 February 2006 07:27 PM      Profile for CMOT Dibbler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

[ 28 February 2006: Message edited by: CMOT Dibbler ]

From: Just outside Fernie, British Columbia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca