babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » the media   » Bill O'Reilly Advocates Leaving Iraq

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Bill O'Reilly Advocates Leaving Iraq
jeff house
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 518

posted 23 February 2006 10:22 AM      Profile for jeff house     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
O'Reilly has always treated anyone against the war as akin to an "Islamofascist", but now, after enabling the deaths of 2300 American soldiers and countless Iraqis, now he wants out.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200602220007

See, there's just too many crazy people in Iraq, and no one could have forseen that.

Like 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina.

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 23 February 2006 11:06 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bill O'Hypocrite, then?

I remember that transcript of an interview where he and Phil Donahue slugged it out, and the other transcript where O'Reilly trashed that poor kid that had the guts to get on Fox and state his case (his father had died in the WTC-attacks and he opposed the war).

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 23 February 2006 12:44 PM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I predict that Colbert is going to have a great show tonight.
From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
NWOntarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9295

posted 23 February 2006 12:52 PM      Profile for NWOntarian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He must have been getting low on guests. Now he can flip around and harass all the people who want to stay the course.
sgm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5468

posted 23 February 2006 01:25 PM      Profile for sgm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

DONAHUE (won't let O'Reilly finish sentence): Do you want to send more people to this war?

O'REILY: Hey listen ...

DONAHUE: Is that your postiion?

O'REILLY: If we cut and run outta there, like you wanna do, we would be putting every American in a thousand times more jeopardy than they're in now.

DONAHUE (forcefully): We're going to cut and run anyway, Bill.

O'REILLY: Well, that's your opinion. I don't think we are.

DONAHUE: It's not my opinion. American military leaders have said we're gonna draw down beginning next year. The reason they've said that ...

O'REILLY(angry now): There's a difference between drawin' down and cuttin' and runnin'!

DONAHUE: Alright....

O'REILLY (angry, jabs finger at Donahue): You're a cut and run guy and I don't want my family in danger because of you ...

The O'Reilly family must now be out of harm's way. Maybe Bill has built them a 'crazy-person'-proof bunker of some kind.

More here.

From: I have welcomed the dawn from the fields of Saskatchewan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
otter
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12062

posted 24 February 2006 05:00 PM      Profile for otter        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While guys like Reilly make self-rigteous arrogance an art form.... [dots represent pause for effect]
he does represent a side of us all that we tend not to want to acknowledge.

This is a human condition, not that of any particular group or population.

From: agent provocateur inc. | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 27 February 2006 09:30 AM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Which side of me does he represent better? My misogynist side or my racist side?
From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jacob Two-Two
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2092

posted 27 February 2006 01:52 PM      Profile for Jacob Two-Two     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your crazy person side. Like most of what the right wing says, this is simple projection. There are too many nutbars in the US, and that is why they have to get out of Iraq.
From: There is but one Gord and Moolah is his profit | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
radiorahim
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2777

posted 27 February 2006 08:28 PM      Profile for radiorahim     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well Walter Cronkite he isn't...but when right-wing nutbars like Bill O'Reilly are saying its time to get out of Iraq... things are really bad.
From: a Micro$oft-free computer | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nanuq
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8229

posted 27 February 2006 10:13 PM      Profile for Nanuq   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Interesting that it took ten years and tens of thousands of US casualties to reach this stage with the Vietnam war (majority of Americans opposing war and right wing pundits coming out against it). I wonder if this counts as progress.
Jacob Two-Two
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2092

posted 27 February 2006 10:27 PM      Profile for Jacob Two-Two     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, I think so. Remember, there was strong opposition to this war even before it started. This has been the most actively opposed US offensive in history.
From: There is but one Gord and Moolah is his profit | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca