FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » the media   » Jonestown

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Jonestown
Stargazer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6061

posted 19 February 2006 06:17 PM      Profile for Stargazer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Jonestown Death Tape (FBI No. Q 042)

Someone shared this link with me. I had no idea where to put it so decided to put it in the media. This is the last recording from the People's Temple on that fatal day when people took their lives.

I've since found out that many were lethally injected and some members were shot. I'm not sure what to think but I think it's important to understand what happened that day and to maybe try to figure out the whole bigger issue.

There are some conspiracy theories floating around that the CIA and FBI were involved.

The tape is graphic and disturbing but I think it is important that we remember those who died and why. Does anyone have any information on what the theories are, why the CIA would be involved and what the deal is with Congressman Richard Dwyer?

From: Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
N.Beltov
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4140

posted 19 February 2006 07:50 PM      Profile for N.Beltov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Soviet Ambassador to Guyana (at the time) wrote a book about the Jonestown massacre. A member of Cheddi Jaggan's Party, or some other left party in Guyana loaned me the book while I was travelling outside Canada. It was translated to English - I think the ambassador's name was "Timofeyev" or "Timoshenko" or something like that.

The Ambassador provided a very strong circumstantial argument about the role of the U.S. military in the slaughter. What cannot be in dipute is the photographic evidence of mass applications for Soviet citizenship by the members of the Jonestown group that the Ambassador provided. These people, persecuted by the Government of the U.S. and hounded out of their own country, were preparing to start some sort of community in one of the Soviet Republics. It never happened. The massacre took place during the time that the applicants were waiting for their documents to be processed.

The other evidence provided by the Ambassador related to how the mass killings were carried out, how bodies were stacked, for example, despite the claim that these people allegedly mostly committed suicide, etc., etc.

Anything is possible, however. Maybe the Russians paid the US to kill them, and saved thenselves the cost of future deportations. Who the hell knows.

I'd like to see that book again. Any babbler with connections in the Guyanese left?

[ 19 February 2006: Message edited by: N.Beltov ]

From: Vancouver Island | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crippled_Newsie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7024

posted 19 February 2006 08:55 PM      Profile for Crippled_Newsie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by N.Beltov:
The Soviet Ambassador to Guyana (at the time) wrote a book about the Jonestown massacre. A member of Cheddi Jaggan's Party, or some other left party in Guyana loaned me the book while I was travelling outside Canada. It was translated to English - I think the ambassador's name was "Timofeyev" or "Timoshenko" or something like that.

Is this it?

quote:
The Jonestown Carnage: a CIA Crime is a book published by Progress Publishers, USSR. S.F.Alinin, B.G.Antonov and A.N.Itskov jointly authored the book in Russian, which was later translated into English by Nadeshda Burova and Sergei Chulaki. Published in 1987, the book gives a version of the Jonestown episode different from the one given by the US media and government.

From: It's all about the thumpa thumpa. | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stargazer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6061

posted 19 February 2006 09:01 PM      Profile for Stargazer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is the other theory that Jones himself was working for the CIA. That many of the dead were murdered through lethal injections and gunshots by Green Berets.

There is a lot of information that puts Jim Jones with some prominent lawyers and politicians on the right, and apparently he had his members raise money for Republicans. Then there is this whole think with Richard Dwyer, who was allowed to leave the mas murder/suicide sight.

I'm just not sure which Jones was, a far lefty whose goal was to move everyone to Russia (if you listen to the tape you can hear him say Russia won't have them) or a far right crazy whose goal was mass domination and control of assets. There are some who say he had a posse of white elites who had far more power than others. There are some who say his sole goal was to create a truly egalitarian society.

Another theory says he was being used as an agent for the CIA to carry out mind control experiments.

The more I read, the more questions I have. Apparently there were no autopsies on the bodies.

From: Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca