FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » the media   » One Dead Indian

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: One Dead Indian
Aristotleded24
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9327

posted 01 January 2006 07:42 PM      Profile for Aristotleded24   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For those interested, CTV is presenting a movie about the Ipperwash standoff and Dudley George murder that goes by the title of this thread. The show airs Wednesday January 4th 2006 at 8:00 PM EST.
M. Spector
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8273

posted 01 January 2006 08:04 PM      Profile for M. Spector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Related thread
From: One millihelen: The amount of beauty required to launch one ship. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 02 January 2006 08:45 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This should be of particular interest because Mike Harris is due to testify before the Ipperwash inquiry very soon, I believe.

Ah. Yes. Here is the schedule.

Testimony resumes 9 January; first up, Robert Runciman; Harris is fourth on the list.

Wilf Day
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3276

posted 04 January 2006 01:30 AM      Profile for Wilf Day     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skdadl:
Testimony resumes 9 January; first up, Robert Runciman; Harris is fourth on the list.

quote:
Originally posted by farnival in another thread:
Jan. 9 the Ipperwash inquirey starts again. Jan. 16 Harris testifies. Jan. 17 the Conservative campaign will unravel as they try to distance themselves from a bunch of racist, mean spirited men who hate people that aren't like themselves and whose policies actually killed people.

From: Port Hope, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
M. Spector
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8273

posted 04 January 2006 03:02 AM      Profile for M. Spector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still think Harris will find a way to avoid testifying before January 23.
From: One millihelen: The amount of beauty required to launch one ship. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
fern hill
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3582

posted 04 January 2006 05:35 PM      Profile for fern hill        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*bump* It's on tonight, 8 p.m. CTV.

edited to correct time, shoulda looked first.

[ 04 January 2006: Message edited by: fern hill ]

Boarsbreath
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9831

posted 04 January 2006 08:21 PM      Profile for Boarsbreath   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know, General Philip Sheridan was not so mcuh a bigot as a cynic. Indian-fighter (as they said) though he was, when he delivered that line, "The only good Indians I ever saw were dead", it was in response to someone wondering why more Indians didn't assimilate and become good.

No point, he meant; this was not too long after the Cherokee had their American-style settlements & farms rubbed out with no more practical scruple than the Plains Indians were shown. (There was legal scruple, but it availed them nothing.)

From: South Seas, ex Montreal | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stargazer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6061

posted 04 January 2006 11:47 PM      Profile for Stargazer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

That would probably be their strategy. Let's hope he doesn't get that chance. The movie was powerful and extremely well done. I even had the honour of sitting at the same table as Sam George, Jeff House, Sam's lovely wife Veronica and the George litigation team (who have done an amazing job thus far). I have to say that the composition of Deb Hutton - yikes! What a horrid woman.

From: Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Fidel
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5594

posted 05 January 2006 12:58 AM      Profile for Fidel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watched it, and I was just a little suspicious of Albert Golo in the background.

I hope they grill Harris under a hot lamp and no water for hours on end. I'll bet he had to endure bologna sandwiches growing up, tha bum.

From: Viva La Revolución | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
M. Spector
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8273

posted 05 January 2006 01:00 AM      Profile for M. Spector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stargazer:
The movie was powerful and extremely well done.
I agree. I was very pleasantly surprised at the high calibre of the acting, writing, directing, and editing.

They avoided romanticizing the natives and demonizing the police. There were no stereotypes and the characters were well drawn.

This movie deserves a Gemini award. Or several.

VanLuke
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7039

posted 05 January 2006 02:06 AM      Profile for VanLuke     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree too that it was an excellent movie. Very well done.

Now I am so angry and depressed as this brought me back in time almost 15 years to the Oka crisis and in its aftermath the Inquest into the death of Corp Lemay and the main trial of the defenders of the Pines. I sat through most of both only missing days when I was absent from Montreal.

I am feeling sick, literally. There are too many parallels.

Elkas the Minister of Public Order, in charge of the SQ (or whatever his exact title was) 'conveniently' was absent when the order was given to attack the people at the Pines to enforce a civil injunction, which had expired 2 days earlier and the blame was put on Elkas secretary.

I seriously doubt anybody will be able to pin anything on Harris. But we'll see.

Our group published a book about the main Oka trial Not Guilty. Should you be able to get it anywhere, it's worth reading (with all due modesty).

fern hill
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3582

posted 05 January 2006 09:27 AM      Profile for fern hill        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I too thought it was very well done. For a tv thingy, the characters were pretty well rounded, avoiding stereotypes.

The sentence enraged me all over again. However misguided/political/evil the decision to go in was, the sniper did shoot and kill an unarmed man and should have seen some prison time.

One casting quibble -- I had trouble taking the actor (don't know her name) who plays Lacey on Corner Gas seriously as the nasty political machinator.

It was pretty brave of them to show the real clips of Harris lying his ass off at the end.

Lard Tunderin' Jeezus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1275

posted 05 January 2006 09:34 AM      Profile for Lard Tunderin' Jeezus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I also thought it rather brave of the CBC to air this during the election (though it dealt with a provincial gov't rather than the federal).
fern hill
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3582

posted 05 January 2006 09:38 AM      Profile for fern hill        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lard tunderin' jeesus:
I also thought it rather brave of the CBC to air this during the election (though it dealt with a provincial gov't rather than the federal).

It was CTV, which makes it even braver.

alisea
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4222

posted 05 January 2006 09:57 AM      Profile for alisea     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
-- edited to put what I wrote in the right thread. Dohhhh.

[ 05 January 2006: Message edited by: alisea ]

From: Halifax, Nova Scotia | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lard Tunderin' Jeezus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1275

posted 05 January 2006 10:35 AM      Profile for Lard Tunderin' Jeezus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fern hill:

It was CTV, which makes it even braver.

D'oh!!!

RP.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7424

posted 05 January 2006 10:44 AM      Profile for RP.     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fidel:
I watched it, and I was just a little suspicious of Albert Golo in the background.

I know, I was flipping around and saw both he and the guy that played Teevee, and I was like "huh, they're doing North of 60 on CTV?"

From: I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 05 January 2006 11:15 AM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was really well done. I normally can't stand made-for-TV movies, especially dramatizations of real events, but they did a good job. I still can't get over the two-year-less-a-day sentence for the shooter. I'm not sure how accurate his portrayal was, but he sure seemed anxious to break a few heads and test out his toys. Most of the "tactical" team was portrayed as racist head-breakers, and some others probably should've shared in the culpability for Dudley George's death.

Kudos to CTV for actually showing something this politically sensitive during the campaign. CBC should take note.

From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
het heru
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11011

posted 05 January 2006 12:19 PM      Profile for het heru     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Other than being distracted by knowing half the people in the movie (I spent a lot of time at AbVoices in the 90s), I found the movie to be very well done. It was infuriating, and I sincerely hope that it was watched by people unfamiliar with the backstory, and not just those of us who already have an interest in the outcome.

It really does amaze me how oblivious the general population is about the state of large numbers of our Aboriginal communities. I was at an event (which will remain nameless) that involved a lot of politicians/bureaucrats discussing technology in the Americas (North and South) and a few people went off on this tangent about how technology was irrelevant in South America when so many didn't have clean water, and blah blah blah, with a whole superior/self-congratulatory subtext about how that doesn't happen here.

My function there was largely to be seen and not heard, but I really couldn't control myself (big surprise) and I interrupted and pointed out that there is plenty of that bullshit here, and perhaps they could look at some of the reserves. Well, then there was a whole round of, "it's nowhere near that bad here... and what the hell do you know anyway" (I assume because I am black), and I looked at Phil Fontaine, and he looked at me, and I just shrugged, and he just shook his head.

It's willful blindness. I would like to hope that this at least got in front of a few people who may not have known some particulars about the case. I can be bit of a pessimist, though.

It also made me wonder if the George family is in need of more fundraising for their legal costs - something I hadn't actually thought about in a while.

From: Where Sekhmet sleeps | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Makwa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10724

posted 05 January 2006 03:22 PM      Profile for Makwa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by het heru:
[QBMy function there was largely to be seen and not heard, but I really couldn't control myself (big surprise) and I interrupted and pointed out that there is plenty of that bullshit here, and perhaps they could look at some of the reserves. Well, then there was a whole round of, "it's nowhere near that bad here... and what the hell do you know anyway" (I assume because I am black), and I looked at Phil Fontaine, and he looked at me, and I just shrugged, and he just shook his head.[/QB]
Gee het heru, you are way too cool. You are more in touch than myself and most FN folks I know. We need more good people like you onside.

From: Here at the glass - all the usual problems, the habitual farce | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
het heru
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11011

posted 05 January 2006 06:12 PM      Profile for het heru     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Makwa:
Gee het heru, you are way too cool. You are more in touch than myself and most FN folks I know. We need more good people like you onside.

I am hoping that's not sarcasm - though I can be a bit unsure at times after having been accused of having a "cultural fetish" or "rescue fantasies" when frankly I just have friends from a wide variety of backgrounds. I'm not going to lie and claim to be colour-blind, but I do appreciate that others are whole and separate individuals with complete lives and histories, and they are not blank slates onto which I am to project whatever I want them to be. I am constantly on the receiving end of that treatment, depending on which of my "facets" someone encounters first.

I still feel awkward at times when I am left alone at, say, a pow wow or any event where I am the lone black person and am getting weird looks (not from everyone, but the odd person does it). I almost feel defensive like I should say, "honest, I was invited! I have friends here, they're just in the washroom!" or something.

What I do have is a low tolerance for injustice, and even less so for people who consider themselves to be big-hearted benefactors when really they are the sort of moron who would say something like, "well, you're not really black," to me. I can smell these people a mile away, and the room was full of them.

I also have a problem keeping my mouth shut. At times I wish I had "l'esprit de l'escalier" and only thought of whatever snarky comment I have just made when it was "too late". I have, in my old age, learned to just be quiet since about 80% of what I think should just not be said aloud. (And I am not, by the way, born in 1986. I'm just not a big fan of telling people my age.)

Wow. This was certainly a defensive rant. And probably for no good reason.

VanLuke
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7039

posted 05 January 2006 08:08 PM      Profile for VanLuke     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by het heru:
I still feel awkward at times when I am left alone at, say, a pow wow or any event where I am the lone black person and am getting weird looks ...

You really shouldn't:

http://tinyurl.com/cwzod

But I know how you feel.

When I encountered the first "black Indian" at a meeting for elders and youth at the Oneida Settlement in 1991 (or 92) I had no clue about the historical background.

anne cameron
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8045

posted 05 January 2006 08:39 PM      Profile for anne cameron     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I struggle between feeling I should shut up because I'm the wrong colour, what I say might be deemed inappropriate, we're supposed to be "nice", not supposed to upset people...and feeling that if one more person says one more thoughtless, uncaring stupid thing I will gnaw a hole in their throat and drink their blood.

I'm 67 and I think, now, that the sad truth is most people have heard, seen, witnessed and they really do "know" that the residential schools were concentration camps, most reserves are plagued by generational systemic problems of lack of housing, bad water, bad sewer (if any) and chronic poverty...

dammit, we ALL know that!

but we're up to our nose holes in people who flat out do not give a shit.

It's when people start saying "well, they really ought to...", "well, if only they would"..."well if they won't help themselves"..."well, until they realize".....that I go something very close to nuts.

WHO THE FUCK IS "THEY"?

Next question WHY IS "POLITE" SO IMPORTANT?

Third question WHAT IS WRONG WITH PASSION?

Final question:what in hell's name did my five year old granddaughter ever do to you that was so horrible you'd gladly condemn her to second or even third-class citizenship?

Well, look out, all of ya's, because we all know I'm half mad at the best of times. And I am convinced if I don't speak up, few others will.

I hope to live long enough to see the dawn of a day where we ALL speak up because politeness is going to be the ruination of us all.

!@#$%^!@#$%^

From: tahsis, british columbia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
het heru
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11011

posted 05 January 2006 08:52 PM      Profile for het heru     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanLuke:
When I encountered the first "black Indian" at a meeting for elders and youth at the Oneida Settlement in 1991 (or 92) I had no clue about the historical background.

Oh, but I don't actually have any "historical background" (about the closest thing would be that my maternal grandmother's maternal grandmother was Carib, but that's REALLY pushing the envelope.)

I just go to hang out with friends and have a fun time (for instance, I am AWFUL at smoke dancing, but I love trying, and I love watching it). A few times I have seen mixed families (black and Native) and some absolutely adorable little mixed girls in the competitions.

In Toronto there are more likely to be larger numbers of non-Native (looking?) people at events. I also think it raises fewer eyebrows if you are white. What's funny is I've actually been invited to local pow wows when I have been on vacation, by complete strangers, which I find really cool, and sikmultaneously perplexing as to why they picked me or are they just randomly inviting people?

I could go on, but I think we've hijacked this thread enough. ;-)

Does anyone know if the Dudley George Memorial Fund is still active? Most of the links I can find are way outdated...

Stargazer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6061

posted 05 January 2006 10:46 PM      Profile for Stargazer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do believe it is Het...they did mention it at the screening at C'est What?
From: Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
crystalntytan
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11663

posted 10 January 2006 03:36 PM      Profile for crystalntytan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello!! I am new here, but wondering if anyone taped this movie?? If so, can you please email me or PM me??? I am really interested in seeing it, but CTV doesn't know when the rights will be open for selling and are replaying it, but not for at least 3 months!!
TIA!!

Crystal

You can email me at crystalntytan@yahoo.com

jeff house
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 518

posted 10 January 2006 03:42 PM      Profile for jeff house     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I understand it will be shown soon on aboriginal TV.

The book is a good way of getting the info, too.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 10 January 2006 03:45 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They have a pretty good regular weekly show on the whole Ipperwash inquiry on APTN, don't they? I've seen it a few times. If I'm not mistaken, it's hosted by Peter Edwards, and they basically go through the week's inquiry news and testimony. I have no idea when it's on, though. Seems to me that I've been catching it here and there on weekends, but I might be wrong.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stargazer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6061

posted 10 January 2006 07:10 PM      Profile for Stargazer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
DEATH AT IPPERWASH / Mondays at 3 pm ET and Saturdays at 1pm ET
APTN National News has special in-depth coverage of the Ipperwash Inquiry and the background information surrounding the case. The inquiry was established by the Ontario Government on November 12, 2003 under the Public Inquiries Act. Its mandate is to investigate the events surrounding the death of Dudley George, a man shot in 1995 during a protest by First Nations representatives at Ipperwash Provincial Park. Scheduled to testify at the Inquiry are former Ontario Premier, Mike Harris, officials of the OPP and other expert witnesses on the events.
Guided by host Rick Harp and the Toronto Star’s Peter Edwards, the specials give viewers the opportunity to watch largely unedited testimony from the inquiry.

There you go.

M. Spector
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8273

posted 17 January 2006 01:36 AM      Profile for M. Spector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by M. Spector:
It seems he won't have to testify before Election Day. The inquiry did not sit Monday, January 16. They still have to finish with Chris Hodgson and then do former MPP Marcel Beaubien before Harris is called to the witness box.

Of course, nobody could expect Harris to say anything literally self-incriminating, but it would have been salutary for Ontario voters to see and hear his self-serving denials, just to be reminded of what a slimy weasel he was before they go to the polls to vote his chums into power in Ottawa.

M. Spector
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8273

posted 17 January 2006 09:58 PM      Profile for M. Spector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Harris is now officially postponed to Feb. 14.

I hate to say I told you so...

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 17 January 2006 10:02 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Huh. Knob.

(Harris, not you, M. Spector. )

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stargazer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6061

posted 17 January 2006 10:06 PM      Profile for Stargazer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Has anyone been reading the transcripts? They truly are quite fascinating. You get a real look at the way these guys avoid questions. Honest, they all must have fallen on their heads just before testifying, the amount of "I can't recall" going on....
Toedancer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10934

posted 17 January 2006 11:35 PM      Profile for Toedancer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Valentine's Day? Really?

Did his lawyers manipulate for this date?

Is this reverse psychology in action. A strategic technique to turn negative into positive?

Okay, obviously I'm tired and my Trust Issues are showing. But, Valentine's Day.

M. Spector
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8273

posted 18 February 2006 12:07 AM      Profile for M. Spector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One Dead Indian will be rebroadcast on CTV tomorrow night (Saturday) at 9:00 p.m.

If you missed it the first time, don't miss it this time.

Contrarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6477

posted 18 February 2006 03:41 PM      Profile for Contrarian     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One Dead Indian is not listed on my printed TV schedule for tonight; but it is on the website for 9:00.
From: pretty far west | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 18 February 2006 05:34 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oooh, this is good. Thanks for the heads up!
Winston Smith
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11963

posted 18 February 2006 05:43 PM      Profile for Winston Smith        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by M. Spector:
One Dead Indian will be rebroadcast on CTV tomorrow night (Saturday) at 9:00 p.m.

If you missed it the first time, don't miss it this time.

The movie had very low production values, and the acting was stilted. Better to watch BSG tonight. Better production values, it will deal with ABORTION!, it's filmed in Vancouver, and most of the actors are Canadians.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 18 February 2006 05:46 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know what? Screw off and quit trolling. Start a new thread if you really want to talk about BSG.
Winston Smith
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11963

posted 18 February 2006 05:49 PM      Profile for Winston Smith        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ellechim:
You know what? Screw off and quit trolling. Start a new thread if you really want to talk about BSG.

I think abortion is a valid topic for a TV movie, what with a Fundie Gov't in Ottawa.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 18 February 2006 05:50 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's not what this thread is about. So again, quit trolling.
Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 18 February 2006 05:51 PM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe so, but it doesn't belong in this thread - and that episode you refer to won't be airing in Canada for weeks.
From: Gone for good | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Winston Smith
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11963

posted 18 February 2006 05:59 PM      Profile for Winston Smith        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ellechim:

If someone can't make a valid comment about a movie without fear of being verbally asaulted, I guess this isn't a very "progressive" website.

Just try telling someone to "screw off" face-to-face!! You'll probably get a bloody nose. But saying it over the internet makes it OK, I guess. Makes you feel like a big shot I guess...

jester
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11798

posted 18 February 2006 06:30 PM      Profile for jester        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guy Incognito:

If someone can't make a valid comment about a movie without fear of being verbally asaulted, I guess this isn't a very "progressive" website.

Just try telling someone to "screw off" face-to-face!! You'll probably get a bloody nose. But saying it over the internet makes it OK, I guess. Makes you feel like a big shot I guess...

The fact that you are here is proof that it is a progressive site. Disrupting this thread and them getting snotty when you are called on it is trollish behavior.

From: Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
ceti
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7851

posted 18 February 2006 09:57 PM      Profile for ceti     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Watching the movie right now. Teevee Tenia (Dakota House) as Dudley George? That guy's everywhere. All the actors from North of 60 are also on board.

What's BSG?

From: various musings before the revolution | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 18 February 2006 10:40 PM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Battlestar Galactica.
From: Gone for good | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Transplant
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9960

posted 19 February 2006 12:35 AM      Profile for Transplant     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Despite the "very low production values," and "stilted" acting, I now know a lot more about the course of events at Ipperwash than I did before, such as the near fatal beating of the band council member who tried to calm the situation down.

No wonder Deb Hutton is threatening to sue everyone. Mikey's clearly gonna walk leaving the finger pointing straight at her sorry ass.

Thanks to Spector for reminding us that it would be on tonight.

Oh, and Winston Smith, screw off.

From: Free North America | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca