babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » the media   » This Is Now SamL's Thread :)

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: This Is Now SamL's Thread :)
markhoffchaney
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 817

posted 04 June 2002 02:43 PM      Profile for markhoffchaney     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a new edition of the Abbie Hoffman classic, "Steal this Book" complete with a new intro.

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: audra estrones ]

SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 04 June 2002 07:36 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HAHAHAHAH!!!! My thread now!! This thread has been summarily renamed SamL's Thread, and any visitors must possess a valid passport. Anyone wishing to post must apply for a PB-29 visa. Oh, and I can kick anyone out too.

My thread, all mine, mine...mine...

From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 04 June 2002 07:39 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tsk, tsk. What's it coming to, etc. Abbie's book was, among other things, about the end of property... and what have we here but some young whipper-snapper who was barely out of diapers when Hoffman died try to lay claim to the discussion? Likely story! Just try and kick me out, ya little punk!

Edited to add:

It's a sobering thought that Hoffman, hell-raiser and comic extraordinaire, suffered terribly from depression, which eventually killed him.

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: 'lance ]

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
MJ
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 441

posted 04 June 2002 07:52 PM      Profile for MJ     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah, if only he could have found some of the same joie de vivre that our young SamL here displays.
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 04 June 2002 07:56 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But he had that too. It's the contradiction, or apparent contradiction that I find so interesting.

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: 'lance ]

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 04 June 2002 09:07 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, I thought you were asking me to steal the thread, as in abscond the thread from you. Oh well... too late. You snooze you lose...
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 04 June 2002 10:22 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pseudofelinoids should be watched closely, since they can be far more stealthy than mere humans.

*scampers off with newly absconded thread *

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 04 June 2002 10:50 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Activates the SamL2000 security system: raises barbed wire fence, unleashes the hounds, detonates catnip grenades, black helicopters hovering overhead, riot police storming in from every direction, Flood-Control (MIBD) coming out from under the ground; gotta love that Bravo plt. attitude! *

Any other takers? [leering smilie]

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 04 June 2002 11:00 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, but I escaped down the ole drainpipe with this thread safely in my mouth. At the moment I'm in a classified location.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arch Stanton
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2356

posted 04 June 2002 11:23 PM      Profile for Arch Stanton     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm surrounding all five sides of this thread and levitating the sucka.
From: Borrioboola-Gha | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 04 June 2002 11:24 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ack! *struggles to maintain hold on thread with paws and mouth*
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 05 June 2002 07:08 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks markoffchaney!

As for the rest of you, I am bringing down the full wrath of SamL about... now...

*Floods drainage systems, bombards Arch's positions with vomit gas grenades, puts snipers armed with Bushisms on the roof, "borrows" a few aircraft for C.A.P. on the thread, and begins profiling pseudofelinoids. *

*Peace offer*

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca