FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » the media   » Tacky News Reporting

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Tacky News Reporting
lonewolf
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 849

posted 14 May 2002 07:45 PM      Profile for lonewolf     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does this disgust you as much as it did me?

If so, please complain to CFTO at:: cftonews@ctv.ca

Subject: CFTO News At 6 - May 14 - COMPLAINT

I was appalled and angered at how the news story about the 6 year old girl who died in a fire at (...address witheld...) in Toronto was reported.

Your news anchor - quite rightly - said the name would NOT be released as the father had not been advised as yet.

Then - in a ridiculous turnaround - the news video clearly shows the home in question and reports the exact address of the home !!!

Imagine the grief and shock of the father who finds this out by watching TV or hears from friends who ask to confirm the address !!!

AND - to compound the stupidty - when I called your station to complain, I was relayed to a news director (Ian) who had the unbelievable gall to say, "Well the father is separated anway".

What the hell has that got to do with it? Do all your news people subscribe to puritanical views that separated or divorced people are somehow less entitled to compassion? And by what right does he relay that private information to a stranger on the telephone?

I am disgusted with your values in reporting and will be taking this complaint further.

Sincerely, lonewolf@idirect.com

From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SamL
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2199

posted 14 May 2002 08:19 PM      Profile for SamL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To quote The Onion: Holy F___ing Sh_t! Somebody really ought to make a federal case out of this.
From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca