babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » international peace movement   » 77 communities in Canada rallied

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: 77 communities in Canada rallied
swallow
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2659

posted 16 February 2003 06:55 PM      Profile for swallow     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Annapolis Royal to Yellowknife: the list
From: fast-tracked for excommunication | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zatamon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1394

posted 16 February 2003 08:05 PM      Profile for Zatamon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I am deeply hurt. They never mentioned Durham, Ontario!!!
From: where hope for 'hope' is contemplated | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Praxedis G
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3416

posted 16 February 2003 09:37 PM      Profile for Praxedis G     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Me too. They didn't mention Saint John NB, my hometown, either. Folks back home say they had about 100-150 people, which is pretty much precedented for Saint John as long as I've been there.
From: an exiled Maritimer in New Orleans, deep in the hawrt of Amurrakuh | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dr. Felonious Sloth
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3761

posted 17 February 2003 01:12 AM      Profile for Dr. Felonious Sloth     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Australia, which only has a population of 19 million had ten times as many marchers as Canada, can anyone explain the Canadian indifference? I doubt temperature had anything to do with it as we usually dress for the cold weather.
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 17 February 2003 01:21 AM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Australia had 790 different marches?

quote:
Sault Ste. Marie

Meet at The Courthouse, 426 Queen Street East, Saturday 1PM, Noon if you want to help with signs, banners, and reap all the
yummy rewards (there will be >at least timbits & coffee) **WHAT ELSE?** There will be a march to Carmen Provenzano's
office shortly after gathering

HAHAHA! That is part of the exact wording I had in an email I sent out. The **WHAT ELSE?** looks out of place when it's out of context. It looks like this in the email:

quote:
[...] For those that don't like paragraphs:
**WHERE?** The Courthouse, 426 Queen Street East
**DATE?** February 15th
**DAY?** Saturday
**WHEN?** 1PM, Noon if you want to help with signs,
banners, and reap all the yummy rewards (there will be
at least timbits & coffee)
**HOW?** By any means necessary!
**WHAT ELSE?** There will be a march to Carmen
Provenzano's office shortly after gathering

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
swallow
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2659

posted 17 February 2003 12:24 PM      Profile for swallow     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Australia probably had more marchers because unlike Canada they are already sending troops, and because it is the middle of summer there.

Any other communities missing? Let's send the CPA a list of the places they didn't know about...

From: fast-tracked for excommunication | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 17 February 2003 01:09 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I used to live in Annapolis Royal! Aw. Yay!
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca