babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » One racist nation

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: One racist nation
Frustrated Mess
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8312

posted 26 March 2006 11:50 PM      Profile for Frustrated Mess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
By Gideon Levy

Contrary to appearances, the elections this week are important, because they will expose the true face of Israeli society and its hidden ambitions. More than 100 elected candidates will be sent to the Knesset on the basis of one ticket - the racism ticket. If we used to think that every two Israelis have three opinions, now it will be evident that nearly every Israeli has one opinion - racism. Elections 2006 will make this much clearer than ever before. An absolute majority of the MKs in the 17th Knesset will hold a position based on a lie: that Israel does not have a partner for peace. An absolute majority of MKs in the next Knesset do not believe in peace, nor do they even want it - just like their voters - and worse than that, don't regard Palestinians as equal human beings. Racism has never had so many open supporters. It's the real hit of this election campaign.

Haaretz

From: doom without the gloom | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 27 March 2006 08:58 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This article has been deleted from the Ha'retz website as far as I can tell.
From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 27 March 2006 09:04 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
From Google News, I just got to a blank page on Haaretz, but then I tried a search on their site, and here it is.
Américain Égalitaire
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7911

posted 27 March 2006 09:16 AM      Profile for Américain Égalitaire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Nothing can get the Israelis out to the streets, nothing can enrage them. An election without involvement and interest is more dangerous to democracy than any tomato. It is a demonstration of apathy and indifference, which the regime can exploit to do whatever it wants. The fact that there are no real differences between the three main parties, with this one saying nearly the entire country is mine, and that one saying nearly the entire country is mine, is bad news for democracy. The coming elections have been decided already.

Funny, this sounds like another country I know very well.

From: Chardon, Ohio USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 27 March 2006 09:16 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Thanks. I too googled around, but to no avail. I came up with the blank page. Good you found it.
From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca