babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » The erosion of free speech

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: The erosion of free speech
Frustrated Mess
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8312

posted 12 March 2006 01:28 PM      Profile for Frustrated Mess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
You've got to fight. It's the only conclusion I can draw as I see the renewed erosion of our freedom to discuss the Middle East. The most recent example - and the most shameful - is the cowardly decision of the New York Theatre Workshop to cancel the Royal Court's splendid production of My Name Is Rachel Corrie.

It's the story - in her own words and emails - of the brave young American woman who travelled to Gaza to protect innocent Palestinians and who stood in front of an Israeli bulldozer in an attempt to prevent the driver from destroying a Palestinian home. The bulldozer drove over her and then reversed and crushed her a second time. "My back is broken," she said before she died.

You can be sure the Western Standard won't even feel fit to report this story

From: doom without the gloom | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
voice of the damned
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6943

posted 12 March 2006 01:56 PM      Profile for voice of the damned     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
You can be sure the Western Standard won't even feel fit to report this story

No, but seeing as how we've already got two babble threads totalling over 180 posts(and one of them still open for business), I'd say this issue isn't in any danger of being silenced.

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 12 March 2006 01:57 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by voice of the damned:

No, but seeing as how we've already got two babble threads totalling over 180 posts(and one of them still open for business), I'd say this issue isn't in any danger of being silenced.

...at least as long as we are allowed to read "News for the rest of us" anyway.

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca