babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Cheney Expresses Holiday Thanks to Troops in Iraq, Afghanistan

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheney Expresses Holiday Thanks to Troops in Iraq, Afghanistan
Jay Williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11367

posted 21 December 2005 07:19 AM      Profile for Jay Williams        Edit/Delete Post
Dick Cheney in Afghanistan

Pak Tribune

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 21 December 2005 07:32 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I assume that Mr Cheney also met with Mr Karzai?

It's a shame, actually, that these two stories aren't on the same thread.

If both Rummy and Cheney are flying into Kabul this week, something is going on.

Jay Williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11367

posted 21 December 2005 07:36 AM      Profile for Jay Williams        Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, I'm just getting started on Babble, so it will take me just a bit of time to figure out the intricacies of the UBB. Anyway, you're right, there is something going on. I find that when I do a news search on Google, all sorts of things become clear. You won't find one single western paper with "Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld are both in Afghanistan at the same time meeting with Karzai". I wonder why that is? Conspiracy Theory Rock!
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 21 December 2005 07:46 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well, as your other links show, the Americans are moving troops out and the Australians and Canadians are moving in.

Karzai has got to be nervous. He has a very restive parliament on his hands right now, for one thing, quite separate from the War on Scary Concept for the time being, although that's never a sure thing.

And then, wherever Dick Cheney goes, certain kinds of big industry are bound to follow.

Mind you, it's always possible that Dick Cheney is about to be impeached, or even indicted. That should cheer us up.

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca