babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » New Palestinian Homeland

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: New Palestinian Homeland
Alan Avans
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7663

posted 14 December 2005 02:13 PM      Profile for Alan Avans   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Since the United Nations solution to the homelessness of European Jewry was to create Israel at not inconsiderable incovenience to Palestians, and

since Israel, since it is so comfortable and prosperous is going to stay right where it is, perhaps the UN should consider locating Palestinians in a new homeland.

USAmerica sure has a lot of federally-held in its western states.

Alaska is resource rich and practically empty.

All those reich-wing Christian fundamentalists in Kansas are going to be raptured any day now, and I'm sure they won't mind letting the Palestians move in after them! Besides, there is a hotly disputed temple mount nearby just a few miles over the Missouri border in the "New Jerusalem." (Independence Mo.) heeheeheehaw

Utah has a river Jordan that flows into an inland sea...and the Heber (Khever) Valley isn't far away.

Patagonia's pretty empty.

Or y'all could give 'em Alberta!

From: Christian Democratic Union of USAmerica | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 14 December 2005 02:29 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
You can't be serious with this thread.

I WANT COMBAT PAY!

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 14 December 2005 02:30 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
So you want to dispossess already-dispossed Aboriginal peoples in the US, Canada, Argentina and Chile to settle the Palestinians

Guess it never ends, eh?

From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
pogge
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2440

posted 14 December 2005 02:39 PM      Profile for pogge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:
I WANT COMBAT PAY!

That's a double.

From: Why is this a required field? | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Avans
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7663

posted 14 December 2005 02:39 PM      Profile for Alan Avans   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by lagatta:
So you want to dispossess already-dispossed Aboriginal peoples in the US, Canada, Argentina and Chile to settle the Palestinians

Guess it never ends, eh?

O Lagatta...I said nothing about giving the Rez over to the Palestinians!

But seriously, yes, it never ends. That's the point, isn't it?

Somebody has to be the first to say "it ends here." That somebody might as well be Israel.

I still like the Patagonia idea though.

From: Christian Democratic Union of USAmerica | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 14 December 2005 03:00 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
I am all for combat pay for Michelle!
Furthermore she should have her own homeland!

From: Babbling Brook | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 14 December 2005 03:05 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Sorry, but I am failing to see the joke.

I am trying, but I am really failing.

CMOT Dibbler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4117

posted 14 December 2005 03:49 PM      Profile for CMOT Dibbler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Not funny, not funny in the least. Alan, don't you understand that your laughing at people who have been disposessed for over half a century?

Your also making the common, (and somwhat backward assumption) that in order for the palestinians to get their land back Isreal would have to cease to exist and Isreal's jewish population would have to leave the country. This is not true.

From: Just outside Fernie, British Columbia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 14 December 2005 04:15 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, I think upon further reflection that this thread is just going to cause a flame war, so I'm closing it.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca