babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Shimon Peres leaves Labour

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Shimon Peres leaves Labour
aka Mycroft
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6640

posted 29 November 2005 10:19 AM      Profile for aka Mycroft     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

JERUSALEM (AP) — Shimon Peres has decided to leave the Labour party and join Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's next government, a senior Sharon adviser said Tuesday.

The adviser, Lior Horev, said Peres will not join Sharon's new party, Kadima.

"Tomorrow, he (Peres) will have a news conference," Horev said.

"He will leave the Labour party ... and will join the Sharon government and deal with the (development of) Galilee and the Negev," Horev said, referring to two areas of Israel.

Wilf Day
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3276

posted 29 November 2005 11:34 AM      Profile for Wilf Day     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by aka Mycroft:
"a senior Sharon adviser said Tuesday . . 'Tomorrow, he (Peres) will have a news conference'."

Remarkably rude. He couldn't wait a day for Peres to hold his news conference? I wonder who's doing what to whom here?

From: Port Hope, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 29 November 2005 05:29 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
LOOK! The Kings Fool has no clothes either!
From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 29 November 2005 10:41 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
"He will leave the Labour party ... and will join the Sharon government and deal with the (development of) Galilee and the Negev," Horev said, referring to two areas of Israel.

"Development" of Galilee? I read somewhere that that area has an Arab majority.

Is "development" another euphemism for "ethnic cleansing"? I suppose Peres is supposed to be the "dovish" face that is shown to the West while this latest atrocity takes place.

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
ohara
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7961

posted 29 November 2005 11:41 PM      Profile for ohara        Edit/Delete Post
The Gallilee is part of Israel. Surely any sovereign state can decide how and what is best for their land. Your speculation is without proof or merit. As well while it has an Arab majority it also has a significant Druze population base and is one area in Israel where the populations seem to work well together.
[ 29 November 2005: Message edited by: ohara ]

Ken Burch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8346

posted 30 November 2005 12:32 AM      Profile for Ken Burch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
And so, we have the final act of abandonment and betrayal by Shimon Peres. Thank G-d he DIDN't win the Labor leadership again.

Another reason to vote for Amir Peretz and the revived, reinvigorated Israeli Labor party.

Now that Sharon has left Likud and Peres has left Labor, is there anyway for Israelis to just get both of them to LEAVE?

[ 30 November 2005: Message edited by: Ken Burch ]

From: A seedy truckstop on the Information Superhighway | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stockholm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3138

posted 30 November 2005 01:00 AM      Profile for Stockholm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Does ANYONE in Israel have any loyalty to their party???

Peres spends 60 years in the Labour Party then quits, Sharon was once Labour then helped found Likud, now he is off on his own. Many other Israeli bigwigs like Ben-Gurion, Dayan etc... and even Rabin's daughter have switched parties all over the place.

Even Peretz left Labour at one point and had his own party then he reintegrrated it into Labour.

Is it possible that Israel has a PR syustem with too low a threshhold and it encourages a lot of "personality cult" parties.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 01:25 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohara:
The Gallilee is part of Israel. Surely any sovereign state can decide how and what is best for their land. Your speculation is without proof or merit. As well while it has an Arab majority it also has a significant Druze population base and is one area in Israel where the populations seem to work well together.

Ahhh, I see the Druze are no longer Arabs. The manipulation of politics by redefinition of terms is going strong I see. One day opposing Israeli policy becomes anti-semetism, and now the Druze are no longer Arabs. Nice!

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ken Burch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8346

posted 30 November 2005 01:31 AM      Profile for Ken Burch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Does anyone know if the Druze consider THEMSELVES Arabs?

That can be a tricky thing in the region.

Lebanese Christians, for example, sometimes claim that they are PHOENECIANS, not Arabs.

From: A seedy truckstop on the Information Superhighway | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 30 November 2005 02:09 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Surely any sovereign state can decide how and what is best for their land.

So Saddam was within his rights to gas Halabja?

I won't speculate on other gassings.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 03:58 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well, the Kurds aren't Arabs for sure, so it must have been AOK to gas them. Likewise, I guess with the Druze since they have been lexically redefined.
Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 30 November 2005 12:11 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by al-Qa'bong:
Is "development" another euphemism for "ethnic cleansing"?

Do you have any evidence for this allegation?

From: Babbling Brook | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
johnpauljones
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7554

posted 30 November 2005 02:52 PM      Profile for johnpauljones     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cueball:

Ahhh, I see the Druze are no longer Arabs. The manipulation of politics by redefinition of terms is going strong I see. One day opposing Israeli policy becomes anti-semetism, and now the Druze are no longer Arabs. Nice!

The Druze are no longer Arabs? Who said such a thing? not ohara or stockholm. Where is this coming from?

From: City of Toronto | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
writer
editor emeritus
Babbler # 2513

posted 30 November 2005 02:59 PM      Profile for writer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
As well while it has an Arab majority it also has a significant Druze population base

I'm no editor (Wait a minute, I am!) - but this sure looks like someone saying one is not the other. The poster is welcome to clarify if this was not the intent.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 04:19 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Burch:
Does anyone know if the Druze consider THEMSELVES Arabs?

That can be a tricky thing in the region.

Lebanese Christians, for example, sometimes claim that they are PHOENECIANS, not Arabs.

To treat this issue seriously for a second, the Arab world is broken down into numerous cultural, linguistic and religious devides. Syrians and Egyptians have clear cultural and lingusitic differences but they are both Arab peoples, and generally consider themselves such, the same with the Druze.

But I guess Ohara is right in that a cake is much easier to eat in detail, piece by piece, rether than whole.

johnpauljones
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7554

posted 30 November 2005 04:42 PM      Profile for johnpauljones     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
im not sure what ohara meant and unlike writer i am not an editor but a reader. Nonnetheless i do know that there are significant cultural differences between the Druze who are unquestionably Arab by decent but relate more closely to Israeli Jews than to Israeli Arabs. my simple reading of ohara was just that; a delineation between Druze and their cultural brothers and sisters. Sometimes Cueball a cake must be identified by its ingredients since an egg is not a spice.
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 30 November 2005 05:24 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peech:

Do you have any evidence for this allegation?

Your post-suspension devotion to precision in others' language is commendable, but as O'Hara wrote, I'm "speculating", not "alleging."

Anyway, 60 years of Israeli history give adequate grounds for the speculation

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 05:33 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnpauljones:
im not sure what ohara meant and unlike writer i am not an editor but a reader. Nonnetheless i do know that there are significant cultural differences between the Druze who are unquestionably Arab by decent but relate more closely to Israeli Jews than to Israeli Arabs. my simple reading of ohara was just that; a delineation between Druze and their cultural brothers and sisters. Sometimes Cueball a cake must be identified by its ingredients since an egg is not a spice.

Well, that is most certianly very speculative. I think more likely the Druze took an opportunity to side with "the power" against their traditional Arab enemies, with whom they share culture, language and religion -- more or less -- not to mention a lot of bad blood, as opposed to siding with their cultural brothers the Sephardim.

However you slice it the Druze are Arabs, and attempts to paint them as not are patently false, and unless Ohara made a mistake, Ohara is engaging in deliberate distortion of the the truth.

johnpauljones
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7554

posted 30 November 2005 06:41 PM      Profile for johnpauljones     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Cueball, ohara can speak for himself but get a grip, he never wrote that Druze were anything Arab or otherwise. what are you trying to do??????
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 07:04 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I wasn't saying anything about you. You are right, the Druze are Arabs. I was simply making the point abuot Ohara.

However, I might actually retract partially what I said above, in my last post, in that you are probably right, the Sephardim are (or were) more culturally linked to the Druze, than the European imports. Sp much so that the Sephardim might be considered Arabic Jews more or less.

True.

Ken Burch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8346

posted 30 November 2005 07:04 PM      Profile for Ken Burch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
FYI, Cueball, I WAS treating the issue seriously.
Sorry if that didn't come across.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 07:05 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I know you were.
Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 30 November 2005 07:39 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
as O'Hara wrote, I'm "speculating", not "alleging."

Anyway, 60 years of Israeli history give adequate grounds for the speculation

I see so it's merely vilification or defamatory "speculation" on your part, to be precise. I wonder how you would react should someone "speculate" about a fictitous extermination or ethnic cleansing by an Arab country?? (I think I already know.) It's not about precision of language it's about writing the truth, which by your own admission was absent from your post.

[ 30 November 2005: Message edited by: Peech ]

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 07:44 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
What are you on about. It is Al Q. who brought up the Kurds. Are not the Iraqis, also Arabs?
Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 30 November 2005 07:45 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
Read the posts:

quote:
quote Originally posted by al-Qa'bong:

Is "development" another euphemism for "ethnic cleansing"?

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 07:50 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

So Saddam was within his rights to gas Halabja?

I won't speculate on other gassings.

Its quite clear tha Al Q. sepcifically comparing Israeli ethnic cleansing to ethnic cleansing done by Arabs.

So your point, that Al Q. ignores Arab atrocities, is obviously off the mark.

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 30 November 2005 08:03 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
It was a deliberate FALSE "speculation" of so-called ethnic cleansing allegedly done in the Galilee, which he KNEW did NOT happen but was done for "effect." So no, I disagree I was right on the mark and he should be called on for his use of intentionally provocative (and in this case) false "speculation" or accusation which is what it really is.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 08:08 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Whether or not is is false, it is clear that his point is not to ignore Arab crimes.

However, I think, he was reffering to the recent spraying of potentially lethal herbecides on Bedouin farms, not approved for cultivation by the Israeli goverment, in Galilee, though I don't have the details at hand.

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 30 November 2005 08:11 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Whether or not is is false, it is clear that his point is not to ignore Arab crimes.
However, I think, he was reffering to the recent spraying of potentially lethal herbecides on Bedouin farms, not approved for cultivation by the Israeli goverment, in Galilee, though I don't have the details at hand.

It's clear that he was trying to do a smear job and got caught. You're really reaching or stretching it to defend him. Cue, you're not dignifying yourself to defend the undefendable.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 08:13 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
In Response to Adalah’s Petition, Supreme Court Issues Injunction Preventing the ILA from Spraying Agricultural Crops Cultivated by Arab Bedouin in the Naqab

quote:
The petition describes the facts surrounding the ILA’s spraying of crops, on multiple occasions during the last two years, in three unrecognized Palestinian Arab villages in the Naqab - Al-Arakib, Abda, Wadi el-Bekor. The ILA has destroyed thousands of dunams of crops, with the most recent spraying taking place last week. In response to numerous letters sent by Adalah and Physicians for Human Rights-Israel regarding Abda, for example, the ILA admitted to the aerial spraying of crops with a chemical called ROUNDUP, but claimed that the agent did not and could not possibly cause any damage. These allegations are contradicted in a letter sent to Adalah by a health clinic in Mitzpeh Ramon, which reported treating at least 17 individuals, including children, following their exposure to chemicals sprayed by the ILA in Abda in March 2003. One of the petitioners in the case, Mr. Saleem Abu Medeghem, 38-years-old from Al-Arakib, also described in his affidavit feeling nauseous and fainting, immediately after being exposed to the chemicals in February 2004; he was subsequently hospitalized. Mr. Abu Medeghem, as well as other petitioners, emphasized that the ILA issued no warnings, either before or after the spraying.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 08:14 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Hyperbolic, Al Q's statement may have been, but it is not mere slander.

After all, one of the definitions of genocide is the creation of conditions, which make it impossible to sustain life. The destruction of agricultural lands may be soft "ethnic cleansing" but it is still ethnic cleansing.

[ 30 November 2005: Message edited by: Cueball ]

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 30 November 2005 08:17 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
It was a deliberate FALSE "speculation" of so-called ethnic cleansing allegedly done in the Galilee, which he KNEW did NOT happen but was done for "effect."

How thick are you?

Of course it didn't happen. "Speculation" refers to what may happen the future.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 08:22 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Why speculate?

From the above source:

quote:
The ILA, in its correspondence with the human rights organizations, claimed that its actions are legal. According to the ILA, the crops are planted illegally by the Arab Bedouin on state-owned land, and that it is enforcing the state’s right to the land. These lands are the ancestral lands of the Palestinian Bedouin in the Naqab, who have suffered from both historical and contemporary injustices. Before the establishment of the state in 1948, the Arab Bedouin in Palestine numbered approximately 60,000. During the 1948 war, Israeli forces expelled many Arab Bedouin from the Naqab, and forced others to flee; only about 9,000 remained by the end of the war. During the subsequent military regime imposed on all Palestinians in Israel (1948-1966), many of the remaining Arab Bedouin had their land confiscated, were displaced from their homes, and were re-located to other areas by the state. State attempts to assert claims of ownership of the land are vehemently disputed.

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 30 November 2005 08:25 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:

How thick are you?

Of course it didn't happen. "Speculation" refers to what may happen the future.

1st you DELIBERATELY make a "specualtive" accusation about the "cleansing" (ie MURDER) which you know had not and have zero evidence that it is intended to happen but was made by you for effect, now you resort to personal insults to justify your handiwork. Shameful.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 08:27 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
So, you don't thin its ok for the Bedouin to have two or three little villages, and a little land to grow some crops, I take it?
Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 30 November 2005 08:32 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
Cue:
your source talks about ALLEGEDLY spraying weed killer. ??????
And secondly our dear friend AL (I'm sure) was unaware of any such "evidence". He just "put it out there" to be provocative. You're really reaching.
And I am not going to get side tracked on this about the treatment of the Bedouin because I can come up with articles to indicate the contrary and how well they are doing. It's about Al's intent, which is obvious.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 08:32 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
We Reap What We Sow

quote:
Approximately 140,000 Bedouin live in the region of southern Israel known as the Negev. Since 1948 they have experienced whole-scale land confiscation. Before then the Bedouin owned 'de facto' 98% of that land. Today the territory they live in comprises just 2% of the Negev and approximately half of the 140,000 strong population has been settled in seven townships - effectively ghettos. The remaining 70,000 people survive in forty-five Unrecognised Villages deprived of municipal services and representation, without access to water, electricity or sanitation. House demolition is a constant threat, as is the destruction of crops and trees by the inappropriately named Green Patrol.

[SNIP]

"Negev land is reserved for Jewish citizens, whenever and wherever they want. We must expel the Arabs and take their place - and if we have to use force, then we have force at our disposal." (Ben Gurion 5 October 1937)

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 08:34 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Oh fuck off with the "alledgedly." The ILA doesn't even dispute that is sprayed the farms. Jeepers.

What "weeds" are we talking about? The Arab ones?

I also remember that Al Q. was on the original thread. Anway, as is obvious, even Ben Gurion was clear on the need to clear the Negev, by any means, even force.

The history of Israeli ethnic cleansings of Arabs, is not sepculation.

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 30 November 2005 08:37 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
Now now, temper temper.

quote:
A proud Israeli Bedouin

Two years ago, a few proud Bedouin Israeli citizens like myself asked: what is our position and status in the State of Israel in the midst of its current situation? After all, Bedouins are part of Israel's success story. During current times, when Israel is being attacked and accused of being a racist state, an 'aggressor and an oppressor', we decided that the smallest and probably most effective thing we could do is to spread our story as part of Israeli society.
I, Ishmael Khaldi, am Israeli. I served with the IDF, with the Israel police, and with the Israeli Defense Ministry. In the last year, I have lost two Bedouin friends on army duty (God bless their memory) defending the State of Israel. My friends and family feel that we have a common destiny with the Jewish people in Israel: our grandparents created this land with Jewish immigrants who arrived during the 1920s, '30s and '40s to build a democracy.
Because of this connection to the State of Israel, I cannot stand on the sidelines during Israel's time of need. I feel that I must speak up and be heard.
I recently returned from a two-month campus speaking tour in North America, mostly organized by Hasbara Fellowships. This was the fourth tour I had done over the past year. I've traveled the United States coast to coast (of course, being a Bedouin nomad, I mainly took Greyhound!) and flew for a ten-day tour across Canada.

http://www.arabsforisrael.com/pages/18/index.htm

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 08:40 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
So what? One testimony does not a case make. It is just that, one testimony.

If I were to base my understanding of the world on the basis of single person testimonies, I might be hailing the occupation of Sudetenalnd by Germany in 1938, as a step forward for humanity.

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 30 November 2005 08:49 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
It was a deliberatly nasty remark without any evidence done to be provocative. Period.
Now let's move on.

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 30 November 2005 09:31 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
This is misguided:

quote:
Former Labor chair will support PM in election.

By Haaretz Service

Former Labor chairman Shimon Peres announced Wednesday he was ending his political activity in the Labor Party and would support Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in the upcoming March elections.

Peres stated that Sharon was the appropriate person to head a coalition of peace and security. He said he was supporting Sharon as the person who had the best chance of restarting the peace process with the Palestinians.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/652170.html

ohara
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7961

posted 30 November 2005 10:41 PM      Profile for ohara        Edit/Delete Post
My my ...yes it seems clear to me that AQ was deliberately trying to be provocative. But I wont go there because every time I do Im hit by the mods.

As for me ofcourse the Druze are Arabs . Did I ever say any different? Seems jpj got it. Why would anyone want to claim I said something I didnt?

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 10:44 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohara:
As well while it has an Arab majority it also has a significant Druze population base and is one area in Israel where the populations seem to work well together.

Also, as opposed to Arabs. can't you even come clean on an error, or is preverication your only means of discussion?

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 30 November 2005 11:20 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
can't you even come clean on an error, or is preverication your only means of discussion?

Look it's obvious what O'Hara intended. JPJ understood,I understood and O'Hara explained himself. What more do you want? Haven't we all been "guilty" of unclear writing? I have, and I have eaten crow and even been suspended. We're not perfect.

But you have gone to the end of the earth to dredge up quotes and attribute "absentee" justifications, to defend AL Q who on the face of it and by his own admission appeared to have posted maliciously. Why the double standard????

I too am have been guilty of sidetracking this thread. OK. I am sorry. I thought it was an important point. But the thread is far too important to bicker about semantics.

Can we get back to the issue. Peres has left Labor. What does this mean for the future of the region?

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 30 November 2005 11:26 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Very well, Perez has left Labour:

LOOK! The Kings Fool has no clothes either!

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 01 December 2005 02:12 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
But you have gone to the end of the earth to dredge up quotes and attribute "absentee" justifications, to defend AL Q who on the face of it and by his own admission appeared to have posted maliciously.

What did I admit? What malice? Is history malicious?

You really need to work on your comprehension skills.

Most of what you've written in response to my posts has been based on your own imaginings, not on what I've said.

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 01 December 2005 11:50 AM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:

What did I admit? What malice? Is history malicious?
You really need to work on your comprehension skills.

You said what you said. The post is clear. Musing about imaginary murders is plainly malicious, nasty and defamatory. The fact that you continually resort to personal slurs is indicative of the fact that your comments are indefensible.

johnpauljones
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7554

posted 01 December 2005 04:57 PM      Profile for johnpauljones     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

Also, as opposed to Arabs. can't you even come clean on an error, or is preverication your only means of discussion?

I'm sorry but this is just too much. this is an accusation that just does not hold water. ohara responded. he was crystal clear and you accuse him of prevarication of not coming clean on an error, sorry Cueball you are wrong here. Admit it.

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 01 December 2005 05:45 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Insanity is doing the same thing over & over but expecting a different result!

Could you define irony as well?

As far as my groundless speculation goes:

End of the road for the Bedouin

quote:
Two weeks ago, a 50-year-old problem came to a head for Bir al Mshash. Israeli police and ministry of interior officials arrived to put formal notices on 12 houses slated for demolition in what the villagers believe is the first of a multi-stage operation in which they will be moved off the land they regard as having been theirs since Ottoman times.

never mind the future, ethnic cleansing in the Negev is happening as we speak.

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 01 December 2005 06:53 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
never mind the future, ethnic cleansing in the Negev is happening as we speak.

Insanity is communicating with you, I would agree.
First of all it was your INTENT that was in issue which AT THE TIME you made the statemnt was maicious and designed to provoke (as by way of comparison, with your cute "pizza parlour" comment in the last thread: http://www.rabble.ca/babble/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=28&t=001439&p=
)
Without getting into "discussion" with you (which has proven to = insanity) the article you cite (although I would agree that the Bedoins ought to be permitted to live where thay are) is NOT equal to "ehtnic cleansing" an over used and abused piece of political rhetoric. Otherwise all settlements in the world, all nation building etc would be "ethnic cleansing". Canada would be an ethnically cleansed country. But I know I will hear this term along with apartheid, etc historically incorrectly used over and over. The term ethnic cleansing originated in nazi germany and more recently in the former Yugoslavia where ethnic groups were exterminated. There is a big leap from expropriation (even unjustly) to extermination. Even if you knew the exact facts (which you did not) your post was historically, and intelelctually disingenous. Malice is the logical conclusion.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 01 December 2005 06:58 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I don't feel like trying to figure out where all this sniping started.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca