babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Our Man in the Territories

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Our Man in the Territories
Coyote
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4881

posted 31 May 2005 12:48 PM      Profile for Coyote   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Tom Segev:
quote:
No one knew until now what veteran television journalist Haim Yavin thought about the news he has been announcing for more than three decades, and he is so nonpartisan that one wondered whether he had an opinion of his own at all. Now, at 72, he is coming out of the closet: "Since 1967 we have been brutal conquerors, occupiers, suppressing another people," he says in "Yoman Masa" ("Diary of a Journey"), which he filmed in the West Bank.

quote:
Until now he was everyone's man. The film he brought back seems intended to salve his conscience: "I cannot really do anything to relieve this misery, other than to document it, so! that neither I nor those like me will be able to say that we saw nothing, heard nothing, knew nothing," he says in the film, and in response to a question asserts: "I did not move left. The country moved right."

From: O’ for a good life, we just might have to weaken. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 31 May 2005 01:09 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
It is fortunate that there are such Israelis who don't mince words speaking out about the systematic human rights abuse against Palestinians in the Occupied Territories.
From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca