babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Israeli soldier to do service for killing

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Israeli soldier to do service for killing
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 04 May 2005 06:10 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
An Israeli military court has sentenced an Israeli soldier to four months of the military equivalent of unpaid community service for killing a three-year-old Palestinian child nearly two years ago ... the court reportedly cited several mitigating circumstances in the case, including "the war with the Palestinians", "Palestinian terror" and "psychological pressure on the soldiers"

There you go. Every crime against humanity by an occupying force justified.

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 05 May 2005 12:22 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
What's your problem, Wingy?

It's unpaid community service after all.

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 05 May 2005 01:18 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Man, this even beats getting drunk and killing someone with your car and getting a drivers' licence suspension for vehicular homicide.

So. New way to get off scot-free killing your worst enemy: Dress him up as a Palestinian, you dress up as an IDF soldier. Fire your weapon of choice, and call him a suicide bomber after the authorities come down and ask what went on.

You'll walk in a heartbeat and get a commendation out of it too.

I guess life really is that cheap in Israel.

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 05 May 2005 02:23 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
See, its catching on already:

quote:
No Charges In Fallujah Shooting

Maj. Gen. Richard F. Natonski, commanding general of the I Marine Expeditionary Force, said that a review of the evidence showed the Marine's actions in the shooting were "consistent with the established rules of engagement and the law of armed conflict."

Marine commanders told infantrymen that the rules of engagement allowed for use of deadly force against men of military age deemed holding hostile intent, even if the enemy didn't fire on the Marines first.

Story

How more hostile can one get than to be wounded, beeding and laying on one's back? Clearly a threat. That's why the soldiers were just sauntering through. They were terrified.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 06 May 2005 07:14 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 13 May 2005 06:18 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I just noticed this again.
From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
scooter
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5548

posted 17 May 2005 02:16 PM      Profile for scooter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Shocking! Wow, they could make a movie about it.

Dirty Dozen, A US Army Major is assigned a dozen convicted murderers to train and lead them into a mass assassination mission of German officers in World War II.

[ 17 May 2005: Message edited by: scooter ]

Blind_Patriot
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3830

posted 17 May 2005 05:11 PM      Profile for Blind_Patriot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That sentence is as Democratic as Israel itself.
From: North Of The Authoritarian Regime | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
scooter
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5548

posted 17 May 2005 05:23 PM      Profile for scooter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I sounds more Republican to me.
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 19 May 2005 04:50 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Soldier who fired at unarmed Palestinian sentenced to prison

quote:
A military court on Wednesday sentenced an Israel Defense Forces soldier, convicted of shooting an unarmed Palestinian in the Gaza Strip and obstruction of justice, to twenty months in prison. This is the harshest punishment imposed on an IDF soldier in the four and a half years of fighting in the territories.

The soldier, from the Bedouin reconnaissance unit, was convicted in the shooting of a Palestinian who was fixing an antenna on a rooftop opposite the Philadelphi Route.

Brilliant, the longest sentence for an unlawful killing by an IDF soldier is handed out to an Arab.

quote:
The judges, headed by Lieutenant Colonel Orly Markman, convicted the sergeant on both charges. It was decided that his testimony was full of inconsistencies and was not reliable. The second defendant was given the benefit of the doubt. The judges had doubts about his version of the events, but did not accept the testimonies of two soldiers who were in the bottom part of the outpost, who claimed that they heard him encouraging the sergeant to open fire.

Its shocking how brazen the racism is. Read on: the Christian soldier gets off.

[ 19 May 2005: Message edited by: Cueball ]

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 19 May 2005 11:00 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Twenty months. That's a conviction for street brawling with a broken beer bottle causing serious injury, for chrissakes.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fossilnut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8972

posted 19 May 2005 11:10 PM      Profile for fossilnut        Edit/Delete Post
Many soldiers go to war and suffer severe stress. We don't know all the variables. Perhaps this guy should have been sent to a hospital for 6 months rest or maybe he should have been sent to jail for 15 years.

No way I could judge any appropriate sentence in a specific case unless I sat through the whole trial. Many not-so-bad people do a lot of really bad things when placed in a situation they can't cope with or not of their own making.

The rights of wrongs of Israeli occupation or the excuses or justifications of the Israeli government shouldn't determine this soldier's fate.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 20 May 2005 12:51 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by fossilnut:
Many soldiers go to war and suffer severe stress. We don't know all the variables. Perhaps this guy should have been sent to a hospital for 6 months rest or maybe he should have been sent to jail for 15 years.

Sure whatever. But the fact remains that the only solider they send down for any meaningful amount of time, happens to share the fact that he is an Arab with his victim.

Whereas the Jewish soldier from the lead post of this thread was given 3 months community service for shooting a 3 years old. And this is not the exception this is the rule.

The double standard upon which Israeli justice rests is clear.

[ 20 May 2005: Message edited by: Cueball ]

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 04 June 2005 01:14 AM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cueball:

Sure whatever. But the fact remains that the only solider they send down for any meaningful amount of time, happens to share the fact that he is an Arab with his victim.

Whereas the Jewish soldier from the lead post of this thread was given 3 months community service for shooting a 3 years old. And this is not the exception this is the rule.

The double standard upon which Israeli justice rests is clear.

[ 20 May 2005: Message edited by: Cueball ]

How dare you condem Israeli justice ? Do you even know how sophisticated and democratic it is??
Fact: Israeli courts found the security fence route to be illegal and "ordered" it to be rerouted
Could something like that happening in your Arab neighbours?? (where Censorship caries the death penalty and there is NO freedom of press?)
Fact: Israeli justice system is world renown and a model for many European and democratic nations (Arabs excluded of course)

Come on Cue cut the crap. Just because you are anti Israeli.

[ 04 June 2005: Message edited by: Peech ]

From: Babbling Brook | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
rsfarrell
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7770

posted 04 June 2005 02:08 AM      Profile for rsfarrell        Edit/Delete Post
The slap on the wrist is a long and honored tradition in Israel:

On October 29, 1956, on the even of the Sinai Campaign, the Israeli army ordered all Israeli Arab villages near the Jordanian border placed under a wartime curfew that was to apply from 5 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next day. Any Arab on the streets was to be shot. The order was given to the Israeli border police at 3:30 before most of the Arabs from the villages could be notified. Many of them were at work at the time. Villagers began to arrive from work to their homes in Kfar Kassem and Israeli troops opened fire on them. A total of 47 Israeli Arabs were killed. The news of the killings was censored and the general Israeli public did not learn what happened until several weeks later when Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion announced the findings of a secret inquiry. Eleven border policemen were eventually charged with crimes and eight were convicted [of murder -- RSF]. Those who were imprisoned had their terms reduced; no one served more than three and a half years in jail.

This from the Jewish Virtual Library. A small detail; when released from prison, both the officers in charge went to work for the Israeli government; one was in charge of security at Dimona; another got a job in managing Arab relations for the city of Tel Aviv.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 04 June 2005 05:31 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'd like to see the link, to the JVL. Not because I doubt it but as a matter of form really. And it si helpful in future discussions.
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 04 June 2005 10:40 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peech:
Come on Cue cut the crap. Just because you are anti Israeli.

Peech, here are the rules for the Middle East forum. Cueball stated his argument and then supported it with facts and links. You made a declaration supported by nothing, and then accused Cueball of being anti-Israel.

You are free to disagree with Cueball all you wish. You can counter his arguments with arguments and links of your own. But if you want to have posting privileges on this board, you do not bully people with false accusations supported by nothing. Consider this your first warning from the moderator.

And yes, everyone, I know. I'm packing, I'm packing! (Actually, I'm eating breakfast right now at the computer. Bad thing.)

[ 04 June 2005: Message edited by: Michelle ]

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 04 June 2005 11:04 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Michelle: PACK!
Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 04 June 2005 02:00 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:

You are free to disagree with Cueball all you wish. You can counter his arguments with arguments and links of your own. But if you want to have posting privileges on this board, you do not bully people with false accusations Consider this your first warning from the moderator.

[ 04 June 2005: Message edited by: Michelle ]

Thanks for the warning. Albeit I disagree. CuE made an implicit assertation that the Israeli Justice system is (typically) unjust ergo because it is Israeli. I called him on his bias. So I take your warning seriously. Although clearly it is a form of censorship.

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 04 June 2005 02:01 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsfarrell:
The slap on the wrist is a long and honored tradition in Israel:

On October 29, 1956, on the even of the Sinai Campaign, the Israeli army ordered all Israeli Arab villages near the Jordanian border placed under a wartime curfew that was to apply from 5 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next day. Any Arab on the streets was to be shot. The order was given to the Israeli border police at 3:30 before most of the Arabs from the villages could be notified. Many of them were at work at the time. Villagers began to arrive from work to their homes in Kfar Kassem and Israeli troops opened fire on them. A total of 47 Israeli Arabs were killed. The news of the killings was censored and the general Israeli public did not learn what happened until several weeks later when Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion announced the findings of a secret inquiry. Eleven border policemen were eventually charged with crimes and eight were convicted [of murder -- RSF]. Those who were imprisoned had their terms reduced; no one served more than three and a half years in jail.

This from the Jewish Virtual Library. A small detail; when released from prison, both the officers in charge went to work for the Israeli government; one was in charge of security at Dimona; another got a job in managing Arab relations for the city of Tel Aviv.

Please post the link. Thank you

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 04 June 2005 03:59 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

Thanks for the warning. Albeit I disagree. CuE made an implicit assertation that the Israeli Justice system is (typically) unjust ergo because it is Israeli. I called him on his bias. So I take your warning seriously. Although clearly it is a form of censorship.

No I came to the conclusion that it is racist because the only significant time served by an Israeli soldier for killing an Arab, will be served by a Bedouin Arab, when there have been repeated investigations of Jewish soldiers who serve little or no time, on more or less the same kind of charges.

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 04 June 2005 04:02 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
OK. Point to some evidence of such allegations, please.
Anchoress
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4650

posted 04 June 2005 04:13 PM      Profile for Anchoress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
I'd like to see the link, to the JVL.

quote:
Please post the link. Thank you

google is your friend! Jewish Virtual Library Link

From: Vancouver babblers' meetup July 9 @ Cafe Deux Soleil! | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
rsfarrell
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7770

posted 04 June 2005 07:44 PM      Profile for rsfarrell        Edit/Delete Post
Thank you, Anchoress. I didn't think the link was needed when the source was cited specifically, but I can see the advantage of including it, and, of course, when in Rome.

Since Anchoress has kindly done my chore for me, here is another source, with several eyewitness accounts:

http://www.kufur-kassem.com/english/english.htm

“One of the trucks used for transporting farm produce was again stopped while carrying thirteen olive pickers, all women and girls, and two male laborers and the driver. They were attacked by the same group of frontier guards, who pitilessly butchered all but one of them.”

This is what 16-year-old Hanna Soliman Amer, the only survivor, said about this incident:

“The soldiers brought our car to a halt at the entrance of the village and ordered the two workers and the driver to step down. Then they told them they were going to be killed. On hearing that the women started crying and screaming, begging the soldiers to spare those poor workers’ lives. But the soldiers shouted at the women, saying that their turn was coming and that they, too, were going to be killed.

“The soldiers stared at the women for a few moments, as if waiting for their officer to give the order. Then I heard the officer talk over the wireless set, apparantly asking the headquarters for instructions about the women. The minute the wireless conversation was over, the soldiers took aim at the women and girls, who were 13 in number, and who included pregnant ones (Fatma Dawoud Sarsour was in her eighth month pregnancy) as well as an old woman of sixty and two thirteen-year-old girls (Latifa Eissa and Rashika Bedair).”

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 04 June 2005 08:08 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsfarrell:
Thank you, Anchoress. I didn't think the link was needed when the source was cited specifically, but I can see the advantage of including it, and, of course, when in Rome.

Since Anchoress has kindly done my chore for me, here is another source, with several eyewitness accounts:

http://www.kufur-kassem.com/english/english.htm

“One of the trucks used for transporting farm produce was again stopped while carrying thirteen olive pickers, all women and girls, and two male laborers and the driver. They were attacked by the same group of frontier guards, who pitilessly butchered all but one of them.”

This is what 16-year-old Hanna Soliman Amer, the only survivor, said about this incident:

“The soldiers brought our car to a halt at the entrance of the village and ordered the two workers and the driver to step down. Then they told them they were going to be killed. On hearing that the women started crying and screaming, begging the soldiers to spare those poor workers’ lives. But the soldiers shouted at the women, saying that their turn was coming and that they, too, were going to be killed.

“The soldiers stared at the women for a few moments, as if waiting for their officer to give the order. Then I heard the officer talk over the wireless set, apparantly asking the headquarters for instructions about the women. The minute the wireless conversation was over, the soldiers took aim at the women and girls, who were 13 in number, and who included pregnant ones (Fatma Dawoud Sarsour was in her eighth month pregnancy) as well as an old woman of sixty and two thirteen-year-old girls (Latifa Eissa and Rashika Bedair).”

Glad you quoted your source which site used the word "massacre" at least 2 times. Since we now now that the word "massacre" has become meaningless in the context of Palestinian complaints given that each time they are investigated they are proven to be a gross exaggeration of the event i.e.: UN investigation). So I do not accept your source. The best theatre in the world is Palestinian.
Sorry but too many cries of wolf. Secondly assuming this event is true (by which I am outraged) I wonder how or if you are equally outraged by the innocent slaughter of many israelis by hommocide bombers? Because quite frankly tit for tat violence is not a solution. How about posting some discussions on solutions rather than venting your anti-zionist spleen?

Personally I am pessimistic about peace because it appears that the Palestinians will only rest when the whole of Israel is theirs.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/583843.html

rsfarrell
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7770

posted 04 June 2005 08:55 PM      Profile for rsfarrell        Edit/Delete Post
quote:

Glad you quoted your source which site used the word "massacre" at least 2 times. Since we now now that the word "massacre" has become meaningless in the context of Palestinian complaints given that each time they are investigated they are proven to be a gross exaggeration of the event i.e.: UN investigation). So I do not accept your source.

Peech, I don't think anyone seriously thinks you will ever face reality. When you talk about dialogue, you must mean with the voices in your head.

But since I'm a glutton for punishment, here are the more glaring errors in your "argument":

a) My "source" is the Jewish Virtual Library. You would know that, if you bothered to read the threads you are responding to.

b) The second source is included because it has eyewitness accounts. As far as I know no one, Zionist or otherwise, questions that these events happened in the manner described. Or do you think Israeli courts convicted eight men of murder out of sheer lightheartness of spirit?

c) Dozens of massacres of Palestinians civilians have been investigated over the years and found true. Quibya, Kfar Kassem, Tantura, Jaffa, Lydda and Ramale, Sabra and Shatila; those and others like them are taught in Israelis schools. You might cast your baleful eye next door to the thread about a recent killing spree admitted to by the IDF. Palestinians are a hell of a lot more credible than you.

Scout
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1595

posted 05 June 2005 01:36 AM      Profile for Scout     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
...the Palestinians will only rest when the whole of Israel is theirs.

You know, the Afrikaners said the same about the Blacks in South Africa, along with something about being driven into the sea. File that with things that make you go hmmm.

From: Toronto, ON Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 05 June 2005 02:42 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post

[ 05 June 2005: Message edited by: Peech ]

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 05 June 2005 02:43 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 05 June 2005 03:23 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RS:
[qb]c) "Dozens of massacres of Palestinians civilians have been investigated over the years and found true. Quibya, Kfar Kassem, Tantura, Jaffa, Lydda and Ramale, Sabra and Shatila; those and others like them are taught in Israelis schools. You might cast your baleful eye next door to the thread about a recent killing spree admitted to by the IDF."

BTW i suppose the Passover Massacre is a justifiable execution of Zionists?

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/399

Fact: Shatila was carried out by Lebanese Christian Militia and it is ALLEGED (but never proven) that Sharon made it easier for them by pulling out.
Fact: The UN fully investigated Ramale and found the allegations(once again) of "massacre" to be grossly inflated and just plain fabricated.

http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45884734/critiques/Blockade_of_Terror.asp

Ramala and Jenin.

http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/critiques/Dishonest_Reporting_Award_for_2002.a sp As for Palesinian credibility please don't make me barf!

My final point is all violence is wrong. When it stops on both sides peace will have a chance.

http://www.gush-shalom.org/archives/peace.html

rsfarrell
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7770

posted 05 June 2005 04:14 PM      Profile for rsfarrell        Edit/Delete Post
More random ad hominem, more off-the-point editorials from radically anti-Palestinian sources like Daniel Pipes and the laughably misnamed "honestreporting.com."

And, course, it wouldn't be a true Peech post without gross factual errors and a total misrepresentation of what went before.

* You imply I believe that the "Passover Massacre is a justifiable execution of Zionists." This bears no relationship to anything I said.

* You are completely wrong about Sabra and Shatila. The IDF controlled the camps before, during and after the massacre. The Phangist miltia, which was armed, trained, and funded by Israel, was driven to and from the scene in IDF vechicles. The IDF fired flares over the camp to provide illumination to the murderers. They blocked the exits so that no one could escape. The miltia, evil as it was, was nothing but the shabbas goy of Sharon's IDF.

*There was never a UN investigation of the Ramale massacre. It was uncovered by Benny Morris many years after the fact. Perhaps you are thinking of Ramallah?

I'm tired of correcting your mistakes. You are abusive, ignorant, biased, hysterical and dishonest. Have some respect for yourself, if not your fellow posters, and shape up.

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 05 June 2005 04:20 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
I'm tired of correcting your mistakes. You are abusive, ignorant, biased, hysterical and dishonest. Have some respect for yourself, if not your fellow posters, and shape up.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more with my sentiments about you.
But rather than tell you exacrtly what I really think of you (which would be too easy and cheap...and contray to the mission statement of this "forum")I posted a link about Peace which you evidently didn't bother to read because you are blinded by your own bias. Too bad. One can easily understand why there is little possibility for peace.

Peech
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9272

posted 05 June 2005 04:26 PM      Profile for Peech   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rsfarrell:
[QB]More random ad hominem, more off-the-point editorials from radically anti-Palestinian sources like Daniel Pipes and the laughably misnamed "honestreporting.com."

I guess all sources that disagree with YOUR point of view are "radical" and "laughable".

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 05 June 2005 09:30 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
OK. Point to some evidence of such allegations, please.

Try reading the articles posted here, as linked above I will refresh you memory:

quote:
A military court on Wednesday sentenced an Israel Defense Forces soldier, convicted of shooting an unarmed Palestinian in the Gaza Strip and obstruction of justice, to twenty months in prison. This is the harshest punishment imposed on an IDF soldier in the four and a half years of fighting in the territories.

The soldier, from the Bedouin reconnaissance unit, was convicted in the shooting of a Palestinian who was fixing an antenna on a rooftop opposite the Philadelphi Route.

Bedouins are Arabs. In other words the harshest punishment meted out by the IDF for killing a Palestinian is awarded to an Arab.

This is in stark contrast to the three months of community service, given out a Jewish IDF soldier for killing a three year old girl (also unarmed we presume : )

quote:
An Israeli military court has sentenced an Israeli soldier to four months of the military equivalent of unpaid community service for killing a three-year-old Palestinian child nearly two years ago ... the court reportedly cited several mitigating circumstances in the case, including "the war with the Palestinians", "Palestinian terror" and "psychological pressure on the soldiers"

As posted in the the original linked story that began this thread.

Slaps on the wrist like this are no deterent to the unlawful killings of Palestinians.

[ 05 June 2005: Message edited by: Cueball ]

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 05 June 2005 10:46 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
What?! 3 months comm service? Christ. People get those convictions for joyriding in cars as juveniles.

Killing a person is certainly not equivalent to a theft or car joyriding offence.

Big D
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9331

posted 05 June 2005 11:48 PM      Profile for Big D        Edit/Delete Post
Suddenly, the 'left' becomes tough on crime when it's an Israeli.
From: Half man, Half Horse! | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 05 June 2005 11:50 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That is pretty poor. Sad even. Stalin was soft on crime? The idea that the left is soft on crime, is an old right wing cannard that has nothing to do with the left.

I mean do you see anyone arguing here that Karla Homolka should have gotten 3 months community service?

[ 05 June 2005: Message edited by: Cueball ]

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 28 June 2005 06:38 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Another bedouin gets convicted for what Jewish IDF soldiers get slapped on the writst for.

quote:
Sentencing was set for a later date. Al-Heib, the first soldier to be convicted of manslaughter in the current intifada, could face a maximum penalty of 20 years in jail.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca