babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Ultra Orthodox riot in Jerusalem

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Ultra Orthodox riot in Jerusalem
Coyote
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4881

posted 27 April 2005 08:57 PM      Profile for Coyote   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Haaretz:
quote:
Hundreds of ultra-Orthodox Jews in Jerusalem threw stones and household objects including bottles, eggs, potatoes and onions at police officers Wednesday night to protest roadwork the Haredim say desecrates graves.

quote:
When the police tried to arrest a man suspected of setting fire to trash cans near a Satmar yeshiva nearby, hundreds of ultra-Orthodox rioters began to throw rocks, bricks, metal rods and benches at the officers, in efforts to free the suspect. Three more suspects were arrested during the incident

From: O’ for a good life, we just might have to weaken. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 27 April 2005 09:04 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
All hail the only theocracy in the middle east.
From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 27 April 2005 09:10 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I don't know. I can see their point. I don't think I would like the idea of a road being built on a disputed ancient burial ground either.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 27 April 2005 09:16 PM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cueball:
This is of course typical of Cueball, exagerration to demaen and poison

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 27 April 2005 09:18 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Imagine what would be happen if Hizbolah did this in Beriut. Fuckin Sharon would bomb the place, and call it democracy.
From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 27 April 2005 09:59 PM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
Hey, for a change they're not throwing things at the fags. I see this as a bit of an improvement...
From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Yonge Street Blue
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9003

posted 28 April 2005 02:33 AM      Profile for Yonge Street Blue        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macabee:
This is of course typical of Cueball, exagerration to demaen and poison

Rabid Zionism, zenophobia, bigotry and racism.

From: Gananoque, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rufus Polson
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3308

posted 29 April 2005 03:11 AM      Profile for Rufus Polson     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Fear of pre-Socratic Greek philosophers?
Fear of paradoxes that seem to make action impossible?

Then there's Claustrophobia.
He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good! Fear the Claus.

From: Caithnard College | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
CMOT Dibbler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4117

posted 03 May 2005 11:57 PM      Profile for CMOT Dibbler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

Don't you think that the five Gulf monarchies could also be considered theocracies? I relize that Isreali propigandists tend to portray the Arab word as a backward shit heap while portraying Isreal as a "light unto naitons", and completely ignore the fact that the settler movement(a collection of sadistic fundamentalist baffoons, hell bent on bringing about the end of the world) controls the IDF and large chunks of the Isreali government, but to say Isreal is the onlytheocratic state in the ME is really quite silly.

From: Just outside Fernie, British Columbia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 04 May 2005 01:12 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm being facetious. Yes they are. Most defintely. My post was a sarcasm within a sarcasm. I was making fun of the Israeli propoganda, claiming sole ownership of democracy and then changing it, by making theocracy.

Or, if you don't like that explanation, try: It was late. I was tired.

HeywoodFloyd
token right-wing mascot
Babbler # 4226

posted 04 May 2005 01:16 AM      Profile for HeywoodFloyd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by CMOT Dibbler:

(a collection of sadistic fundamentalist baffoons, hell bent on bringing about the end of the world)

Well, isn't armagaddeon supposed to happen around those parts? Perhaps they're writing the next "Left Behind" series.

From: Edmonton: This place sucks | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
CMOT Dibbler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4117

posted 04 May 2005 02:11 PM      Profile for CMOT Dibbler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
I'm being facetious. Yes they are. Most defintely. My post was a sarcasm within a sarcasm. I was making fun of the Israeli propoganda, claiming sole ownership of democracy and then changing it, by making theocracy.

Or, if you don't like that explanation, try: It was late. I was tired.

s'aright.

From: Just outside Fernie, British Columbia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca