babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » West Bank villagers threatened with imminent expulsion

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: West Bank villagers threatened with imminent expulsion
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 20 April 2005 03:10 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
"You are staying illegally in a closed zone, proclaimed according to article 70 of the Judea and Samaria security ordinance 378 of 1970. You are hereby ordered to vacate said closed zone within 72 hours. Failure to heed this order may result in your removal by force and the confiscation of your livestock, and you may be held accountable to refund the army's expenses for said removal."

Apartheid Lives!

josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 20 April 2005 03:20 PM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Why does this make me think of the ending of Fiddler on the Roof?

And talk about adding insult to injury:

quote:

you may be held accountable to refund the army's expenses for said removal

From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
NDude
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8571

posted 22 April 2005 06:48 PM      Profile for NDude        Edit/Delete Post
WingNut It's historically inaccurate to use of the word Apartheid in relation to any so-called Israeli act of "aggression". It's not accurate and even racist to use such a term. Although politically fashionable in the "left" circles it has been condemed in this context at a recent Apartheid convention. I suggest you purge your ignorance with a trip to the Middle East and compare the "progressive" Arab states including so-called Palestine with the only other democracy in the middle East (you can guess which one I am refering to).
Cheers

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 22 April 2005 07:21 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
But why make a comparison to Turkey. It isn't really part of the Middle East, or is it? Ataturk says no, but others disagree, pope Nazinger for instance.

[ 22 April 2005: Message edited by: Cueball ]

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rufus Polson
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3308

posted 23 April 2005 05:50 AM      Profile for Rufus Polson     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
While this dork is gone now, I think it remains worth noting that both Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela have visited Palestine and concluded that what's happening there is Apartheid.

Now, no doubt these two are well thought of in "fashionable leftist circles", whatever the hell those might be. But I think they've got at least as much of an idea what Apartheid might be as the Israel apologists we get wandering around on babble.

From: Caithnard College | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca