babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Israel must remain Jewish

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Israel must remain Jewish
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 06 April 2005 11:58 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
We must see to it that Israel remains Jewish, Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said Monday during a meeting on the drafting of a law that would specify the criteria necessary for obtaining residency status in Israel.

Sharon ordered the establishment of a professional panel, headed by Interior Minister Ophir Pines-Paz, to draft a proposal on the Family Reunification Law that would define the criteria.

During the deliberations, National Security Council officials suggested drafting a law that would make it harder for Palestinians who are married to Israelis to receive Israeli citizenship.

YNet

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 07 April 2005 12:56 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
And to think France gets in crap for not modernizing its immigration laws.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 07 April 2005 03:33 AM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
So, like, if Palestinians grew long side-locks, wore black bowler hats and took a few Talmudic lessons, would that be "Jew-ish" enough for that fucking racist, Sharon?
From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Walker
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7819

posted 07 April 2005 04:12 AM      Profile for Walker     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hephaestion:
So, like, if Palestinians grew long side-locks, wore black bowler hats and took a few Talmudic lessons, would that be "Jew-ish" enough for that fucking racist, Sharon?

Probably not.

lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 07 April 2005 01:58 AM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
What specifically is wrong with France's immigration laws? In general, it is Germany and especially Switzerland that have had a hard time updating them - to say nothing of Italy that still doesn't seem to realise it has become a host and not a sending country...

There are still some problems with the French laws (they do provide for right of soil but I believe young people have to declare they are French rather than it being entirely automatic as it is here) but it is not a major issues. The major issues involve integration of immigrants, equality of housing, educational and employment opportunities and regularisation of the many undocumented migrants - a problem in many if not most developed countries.

From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 07 April 2005 08:50 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
You know what I'm talking about - how (western) European nations get pilloried because their immigration laws can be unnecessarily strict and bureaucratically tangled. I used France as the example because of the tensions between African immigrants and the existing French population and part of it goes to immigration law issues.

I also didn't want to re-use Germany yet again because every person and her cat knows Germany's immigration laws are the definition of prehistoric. Wasn't so long ago you just had to prove you had an ancestor ANYWHERE in the lands then governed by Bismarck and you were in.

[ 07 April 2005: Message edited by: DrConway ]

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 07 April 2005 09:04 AM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Sorry, I thought you were confusing many of the burning integration issues in France (de facto creation of ghettos, an aversion to affirmative action due to French universalism - which has many positive sides but there amounts to a denial of reality - and the ban on hijab and other conspicuous religious symbols among pupils at state schoools) with immigration law issues. The latter have not played a huge role in anti-racist struggles in France of late, except in terms of "la double peine" (young people who failed to "declare" that they were French being deported to a country they had never known in addition to doing time for a criminal offense, and the question of regularisation of "les sans-papiers".
From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
NDude
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8571

posted 22 April 2005 06:57 PM      Profile for NDude        Edit/Delete Post
Interesting when I read your posts I see rasism. Period. Not protesting racism but just racism. I suppose in another time all of you would gladly shove bodies into a creamatorium??
N.Beltov
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4140

posted 22 April 2005 07:22 PM      Profile for N.Beltov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
NDude: I suppose in another time all of you would gladly shove bodies into a creamatorium??

That's just about the most despicable posting I have read in a while. I predict a very short babble career followed by a lengthy career in the dark place.

From: Vancouver Island | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 22 April 2005 07:28 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by NDude:
Interesting when I read your posts I see rasism. Period. Not protesting racism but just racism. I suppose in another time all of you would gladly shove bodies into a creamatorium??

One more post like that and you're banned.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca