babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Israeli-Palestinian basketball game

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Israeli-Palestinian basketball game
aka Mycroft
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6640

posted 27 March 2005 03:02 PM      Profile for aka Mycroft     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Rule 1: Israelis have the right to play on both sides of the court, whereas Palestinians can only play on their own side.

Rule 2: For security reasons Palestinians do not have the right to pass the ball between players, the ball could hit an Israeli player.

Rule 3: There will be no basket on the Israeli side.

Rule 4: Israel is allowed to shoot at any time even during time-outs.

Rule 5: Palestinians are not allowed to have supporters. Only Israelis should be supported.

Rule 6: Israel selects the press and what the press reports:

Rule 7: Israel encourages Palestinians to shoot into the Palestinian basket. Players who refuse will be nominated as terrorists and will not be allowed to play.

Rule 8: Palestinian players are allowed to leave the field, but cannot return. One exception: A Palestinian can be replaced by an Israeli!

Rule 9: Israel selects and instructs the referees, and tells them when to look away.

Rule 10: Israel selects the captain of the Palestinian team.

Rule 11: Israeli faults and Palestinian good plays will not be shown on TV.

Rule 12: Israel takes the money sponsors pay to Palestinians.

Rule 13: Only Israeli players get refreshments.

Rule 14: Palestinians are required to play, when and where designated by Israel.

Rule 15: Rules only apply to Palestinians, Israelis may change the rules during the game and are not required to advise the Palestinians of the changes.

by Dror Feiler

Krago
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3064

posted 28 March 2005 10:02 AM      Profile for Krago     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Why not put a partiton through the center of the court and have both teams play half-court?
From: The Royal City | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 28 March 2005 10:41 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Through the CENTRE of the court? Don't you mean, a quarter of the way into the Palestinian side of the court?

This is amusing, Mycroft, but I want you to know you have just made my life miserable for the next several days until this thread reaches 100 posts.

Also, is that a published piece with copyright protection, and if so, could you provide a link and shorten your quote?

[ 28 March 2005: Message edited by: Michelle ]

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 28 March 2005 10:53 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Partition? What do you mean, calling it a partition?

I've seen it, and it's more like a washing-line. Well, most of it is, anyway.

WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 28 March 2005 11:01 AM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
My good friend, on the Palestinian basket ball team, tells me Palestinian players actually prefer those rules as it protects them from Palestinian double-dribblers.
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 28 March 2005 11:06 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by skdadl:
I've seen it, and it's more like a washing-line. Well, most of it is, anyway.

I think it's more like a volleyball net.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 28 March 2005 11:24 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Michelle, that's only the straight parts. The diversions and roundabouts are washing-line.
Rufus Polson
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3308

posted 29 March 2005 04:35 PM      Profile for Rufus Polson     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
You people are such apologists. It's like a stack of bleachers! It covers half the Palestinian section of the court! And there are little Israeli-player-only gates in it.

Plus, the Israelis insist on having games between their pros and Palestinian peewee leagues.

From: Caithnard College | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca