babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Where does Syria fit in RE: Iraq

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Where does Syria fit in RE: Iraq
RookieActivist
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4089

posted 20 March 2005 03:02 PM      Profile for RookieActivist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Iraq and Jordan withdraw envoys

Hypothetically, what if Iraq were to go to war with Syria? Does Iraq's government have the power to do so? What limitations have been placed on Iraq's army?

Conversely, if Iraq provoked Syria, and Syria retaliated, would the US then declare war on Syria?

Rufus Polson
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3308

posted 20 March 2005 08:07 PM      Profile for Rufus Polson     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
You mean like if Syria attacked Iraqi forces in the Oasis of Tonkin?
From: Caithnard College | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 20 March 2005 08:29 PM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
LOL !!!
From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
thwap
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5062

posted 20 March 2005 08:37 PM      Profile for thwap        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rufus Polson:
You mean like if Syria attacked Iraqi forces in the Oasis of Tonkin?

i think rookieactivist meant if the US tried to push its puppet Iraqi government into war.

i take it the puppet government is still in control as the wrangling over the last election results continues?

seriously, i think any puppet government would declare war and do nothing. it has no control over the country. the US doesn't even control Baghdad.

Agent 204
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4668

posted 20 March 2005 08:43 PM      Profile for Agent 204   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by thwap:

i think rookieactivist meant if the US tried to push its puppet Iraqi government into war.

I think Rufus meant the same thing.

From: home of the Guess Who | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 20 March 2005 11:04 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Or maybe Rufus meant something like "What if Syria sank the al-Maine, flagship of the Mosul Fleet?"
From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
RookieActivist
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4089

posted 23 March 2005 10:15 PM      Profile for RookieActivist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Do you want to brief me on that? That hasn't happened post US invasion has it? What if that were to happen today and the Iraqi government wanted to retaliate?
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 23 March 2005 11:26 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
rasmus
malcontent
Babbler # 621

posted 24 March 2005 01:53 PM      Profile for rasmus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I don't know about you, but the "buy Iraq dinars -- credit cards accepted" Google ad at the top of the page is pretty tempting. Get 'em while they last.
From: Fortune favours the bold | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca