babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » ex. Palestinian/Arab Double Talk/Activity

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: ex. Palestinian/Arab Double Talk/Activity
Zaklamont
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5106

posted 19 January 2005 10:26 PM      Profile for Zaklamont        Edit/Delete Post
In discussing the long history of Palestinian double talk and double acting there are some
that are milestones and some that are run-of-the-mill. Below are examples.

Most recently, Mahmoud Abbas used the term, "Zionist Enemy", instead of "Israel" during campaigning..."zionist enemy" being a term that even Yassher Arafat has not used in the last decade. HOWEVER...Prime Minister Abbas wants to make PEACE with Israel.
==========

Statements made by Yasser Arafat after the Oslo Accord PEACE AGREEMENT include:

"In order to obtain the goal of returning to Palestine, all of us sometimes have to grit our teeth. But it is forbidden that this harm the continued struggle against the Zionist enemy. Cooperation and understanding between the P.L.O. and the rejectionist organizations is what will lead to the speedy retreat of Israel from the occupied territories in the first stage, until the establishment of a Palestinian state with its capital in Jerusalem. Only a state like that can then continue the struggle to remove the enemy from all Palestinian lands."
-Yasser Arafat, Chairman of the P.L.O., in a letter to heads of the rejectionist front in neighboring Arab countries (The Jerusalem Post, 18 November 1994)

--------
Question: "Do you feel sometimes that you made a mistake in agreeing to Oslo?"
Arafat: No... no. Allah's messenger Mohammad accepted the al-Khudaibiya peace treaty and Salah a-Din accepted the peace agreement with Richard the Lion-Hearted.
--Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat in a newspaper interview. Historical background: Muhammad made the Khudaibiya agreement with the Arabian tribe of Koreish. That ten-year pact was broken within two years, when the Islamic forces, having strengthened during the cease-fire, conquered the Koreish. Salah a-Din was a Muslim leader who, after a cease-fire, declared a jihad against the Crusaders and captured Jerusalem. (Al-Quds, 10 May 1998)

========
Khaled Kishtainy,(1) of Iraqi origin, discussed the leading Muslim ideologues' positive attitudes towards the use of violence in the London Arabic-language daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsa. Here is how his views were handled by the Non-Violent Political Arab Struggle Conference in Amman, Jordan, according to Kishtainy : "The best proof of what I am saying is the 1984 world congress on 'The Nonviolent Political Arab Struggle' in Amman, that was nothing but hypocrisy and propaganda. In the congress documents in the English [version], they published my speech, but they removed it from the edition in Arabic!!! All this was in an attempt to deceive the Westerners, and not in order to educate the Arabs to peace. "

=====
From the Haaretz Israeli newspaper coverage of the Palestinian election:

"Meanwhile, outside the West Bank city of Nablus, Palestinian militants shooting from a moving car attacked a group of Israelis, killing one and wounding three, the Israeli military said.

The attack came two days before the Palestinian elections, and just a day after militant leaders in Nablus told Abbas they would support his efforts to reach a ceasefire with Israel. "

====
From the Canadian House of Commons Debates, not long after the death of Yasser Arafat.

Mr. Russ Powers (Ancaster-Dundas-Flamborough-Westdale, Lib.)
Mr. Speaker, I would like to share the optimism expressed in the wake of Yasser Arafat's demise that a moderate Palestinian leadership will negotiate a reasonable accommodation of this century old conflict. However, statements in Arabic by Palestinian officials may reveal an agenda of working toward the state of Israel's disappearance.

Last week the Palestinian ambassador to Iran on Al-Alam TV spoke to an Arafat legacy, and the English translation by the Middle East Media Research Institute stated, “And now he is gone...what will surely be the end of this Zionist entity? I will say to you that this entity will disappear one of these days...it's a matter of time”.

The Palestinian ambassador then referred to international restraints and further stated, “Our phased plan is to establish an independent sovereign Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital. As for deciding the conflict, that's a matter for history”.

From: Ottawa Ontario | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 19 January 2005 11:40 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
“And now he is gone...what will surely be the end of this Zionist entity? I will say to you that this entity will disappear one of these days...it's a matter of time”.

And this is news?

Where's the British Mandate? Where's the Ottoman Empire? Where are the Ayyubids, the Abbadids and the Fatimites? Whatever happened to the Kingdom of Jerusalem and the County of Tripoli? Where are the Romans, Greeks, Philistines and Canaanites?

Of course Israel will not last forever.

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Al_Czervik
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7956

posted 20 January 2005 02:07 AM      Profile for Al_Czervik        Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, you're right. Fuck the only democracy in the Middle East. Forget the fact that Israel is the only country in the Middle East to recognize rights of women, gays, and unions. You're right, they will go down like every other decadent empire.

Get a grip!

From: At Liberal headquarters, they don't whistle while they work -- they hum! | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 20 January 2005 02:11 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Why a duck?
From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 20 January 2005 05:49 AM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Vy not a duck?
From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fidel
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5594

posted 20 January 2005 06:48 AM      Profile for Fidel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by al-Qa'bong:

And this is news?

Where's the British Mandate? Where's the Ottoman Empire? Where are the Ayyubids, the Abbadids and the Fatimites? Whatever happened to the Kingdom of Jerusalem and the County of Tripoli? Where are the Romans, Greeks, Philistines and Canaanites?

Of course Israel will not last forever.

And don't forget several Chinese dynasties. The wealthy Roman's and Kahn's were given the heave-ho for refusing to pay their taxes. Let'em eat rice ?. Olives ?.

From: Viva La Revolución | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 20 January 2005 08:37 AM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm not playing Ask-Me-Another. I say, that's a viaduct.
From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 20 January 2005 10:15 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Can I start a thread about Jewish double talk, just so that we can have a matched set of threads featuring racist jingoism?
From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 20 January 2005 11:43 AM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Fuck the only democracy in the Middle East.

He must mean Lebanon.

caoimhin
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4768

posted 20 January 2005 12:10 PM      Profile for caoimhin        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
racist jingoism

kinda refreshing, Cueball, that you correctly recognize some of what Zaklamont provided for what it is.

I say start your thread.

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 20 January 2005 03:08 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by WingNut:

He must mean Lebanon.

Turkey?

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
worker_drone
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4220

posted 20 January 2005 03:31 PM      Profile for worker_drone        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Can I start a thread about Jewish double talk, just so that we can have a matched set of threads featuring racist jingoism?

You mean Israeli double talk don't you Cueball?

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 20 January 2005 03:37 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
No I mean Jewish double talk, as in Gypsy double talk, Irish double talk, and Arab double talk, as in the thread title even. You know those scummy double talking Arabs.

[ 20 January 2005: Message edited by: Cueball ]

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 20 January 2005 03:49 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Geez, how did I miss this thread?

Hey Zaklamont, if you want to make racist posts, do me a favour and find a nice White Power web site to do it on.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca