babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » You know what,,,,,,, I know

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: You know what,,,,,,, I know
aldo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7504

posted 19 December 2004 10:23 PM      Profile for aldo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Does anyone here still listen to CBC radio one???
I've been expecting irrititating things as I breach through my fifties, I never thought this would be one of them.
A creature of habit I regret that I am still listening to CBC radio 1, there is not much else out there.
It's beginning to sound more and more like a two bit drive show.
The endless "you know what's" familiar vernacularisms are driving me buggy.
Management seems to be promoting the idea of celebrity personality in it's announcers and hosts, over intelligent commentary.
Worst IMHO are rick cluff, kev sylester, tastoru who took Richardsons goat show and Souk Yung Lee DNT host.
And this new female voice previewing upcoming programming here at 690 am, is this what it takes to get the younger listeners back??

Is it just me??

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 19 December 2004 11:29 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
"Two bit drive show" is a good way to put it. The quality of CBC AM Radio presenters has been in serious decline for the last decade. I think management wants the network to sound more "hip" or something.

I've converted to a Radio Two listener. The deliveries of Jurgen Goth and Tom Allen display erudition and wit without them sounding like stuffed shirts.

And by listening to them I don't have to hear our CBC One morning host say "Fer Suuure" any more.

[ed.] Why are we discussing this in the Middle East section?

[ 19 December 2004: Message edited by: al-Qa'bong ]

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca