babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Israel recognizes same sex couples

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Israel recognizes same sex couples
Stockholm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3138

posted 09 December 2004 10:24 PM      Profile for Stockholm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Add Israel to the list of countries giving legal recognition to same sex couples. It'll be interesting to see if the Palestinian Authority or any other Arab country follows suit in the next millennium (I doubt it).

http://www.advocate.com/new_news.asp?ID=14553&sd=12/09/04

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 09 December 2004 10:35 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Fine, just as long as one person isn't from Jerusalem and the other from Ramallah.

[ 09 December 2004: Message edited by: Cueball ]

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 09 December 2004 10:56 PM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
This topic already has a thread going over here...
From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 09 December 2004 11:22 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Sure, but the reality is that in any Israeli marriage, if one person is born in the West Bank, and the other in Israel, it is now no longer possible for the preson from the West Bank to reside and seek citizenship in Israel.

Question: If a state creates egalitarian laws applicable to only one sector of a society, are they really egalitarian lates, or are the reinforcing facist ideology?

[ 09 December 2004: Message edited by: Cueball ]

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 09 December 2004 11:24 PM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
Who's denying that, Cueball? I'm just trying to prevent unnecessary thread proliferation.
From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 09 December 2004 11:26 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yes, I see that. Sorry, I just blew up my computer and am now at a cafe. It is a bad day.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca