babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Israeli soldiers 'shoot boy for fun'

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Israeli soldiers 'shoot boy for fun'
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 08 December 2004 06:32 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
A group of Israeli soldiers serving in the Gaza Strip have reportedly admitted killing a 15-year-old Palestinian in Khan Yunus for sport ...

An Israeli army spokesman said the army had investigated the incident, but admitted that no arrests were made.

Story

scooter
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5548

posted 08 December 2004 06:42 PM      Profile for scooter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Reminds me of the Arafat's security forces blowing up civilian buses for fun.
No Yards
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4169

posted 08 December 2004 06:56 PM      Profile for No Yards   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Did the brave soldiers then shoot themselves in the process of shooting the boy?
From: Defending traditional marriage since June 28, 2005 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
thebabblerformerlyknownas'larry'
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5043

posted 09 December 2004 05:22 PM      Profile for thebabblerformerlyknownas'larry'     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Ngugi Wa Thiong'O's "A prison writer's diary" is sounding familiar agian.
(I came across that essay in a course that I ended up dropping). Anyway, it is a really good/infuriating essay critiquing supposed 'settler culture' in Kenya. One of his approaches was to examine the sentences given to settlers for murdering Africans. They would often get charged with 'grevious hurt' or 'simple hurt' and get extremely lenient sentences. (that's what my previous comment, now erased was referring to)I was trying to comment on the impunity for violence inherent in situations without self-determination. It creates a "culture of legalized brutality"[Thiong'O], whether IDF, Israeli settler, white settler in Kenya etc..

[ 09 December 2004: Message edited by: thebabblerformerlyknownas'larry' ]

From: Kitchener, Ontario | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca