babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Article: "Israel's main man in Canada's government"

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Article: "Israel's main man in Canada's government"
Diva_77
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6532

posted 25 November 2004 08:29 AM      Profile for Diva_77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I know this article is a little dated and perhaps the topic has even been debated to death. However, I think it is good to take Irwin Cotler's personal views into consideration when examining his decisions, which represent all Canadians to the World, now that he is the Minister of Justice.

http://usa.mediamonitors.net/headlines/irwin_cotler_israels_main_man_in_canadas_gove rnment

"If [Irwin] Cotler were a legitimate champion of human rights he would denounce the Israeli-manufactured starvation in the Gaza Strip; the torture of Palestinian detainees; dehumanizing checkpoint searches; and arbitrary housing demolitions."

[Thread title edited back, because I think Hinterland is right - it's the title of the article in question and thread titles shouldn't be edited frivolously. - Michelle]

[ 25 November 2004: Message edited by: Michelle ]

From: Chatham, Ontario | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 25 November 2004 08:40 AM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Mmmm ah yes another part of that conspiracy. Place those Jews sympathetic to Israel in senior governemnt positions to exert undue influence. Where have I heard this before?

Lets see ah yes conspiracy theory number 4 this week I think.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 25 November 2004 08:47 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
What do you mean, his "personal" views, Diva_77? Aren't everyone's views on the Israel/Palestine situation "personal"? I know mine are.

What makes Cotler's views on the subject any more "personal" than anyone else's?

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 25 November 2004 09:32 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well, the problem with that article is the article itself, which isn't mainly about Cotler. It is an opinion piece, which in and of itself would be ok, except that it contains this line:

quote:
It is public knowledge that zionists collaborated with the Nazis to exterminate Yiddisher Jews and prevent them from escaping persecution.

To me, that is over the line, especially with no data at all put before us for general interpretation.

Cotler himself is a different issue. The point about any minister of the Crown is that he/she is a minister of the Crown and we aren't.

He sits at the Cabinet table. Canadians have every right to inquire into partisan positions he may have taken in the past.

Canadians have long had a particular position on Israel / Palestine. They have every right to interrogate anyone who might have the power to help to change that position, and that would include everyone who sits at the Cabinet table.

lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 25 November 2004 09:49 AM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
There are MANY points I find questionable in the article. To put it mildly, it is creepy. If I were posting it here, I'd make bloody sure there weren't overtly anti-semitic articles on the site.

Macabee, one can be favourably disposed to Israel and concerned about Palestinian human rights. If Mr Cotler is selective in his concern about human rights, that is a problem. I think it is important not to confuse "Israel" with the actions of the Sharon government. To wit:

"Cotler is well aware of his reputation as a pro-Israel advocate, and so in a Dec. 24, 2003, interview with the Israeli newspaper Ha’aretz he sought to defuse the issue:
“In Canada, each minister deals exclusively with the matters related to his or her own ministry. Consequently, only the foreign ministry deals with matters related to Israel…I will of course make my views known around the Cabinet table, but the moment the decision is made, or if a policy is determined, it is clear that all members of the cabinet are committed to it.” "

Sometimes one finds much more openness to criticism of Israeli government policy in Ha'aretz than among "pro-Israel" Canadians...

I don't want to pass judgement on the poster on the basis of one post, but please remember that linking to any anti-semitic, anti-Arab or other racist sites is contrary to rabble policy, and in some cases illegal.

From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wilf Day
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3276

posted 25 November 2004 09:59 AM      Profile for Wilf Day     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by lagatta:
To put it mildly, it is creepy. If I were posting it here, I'd make bloody sure there weren't overtly anti-semitic articles on the site.

I had a fast look at his site. Creepy indeed. Does he cross the line to anti-semitism? I'm not certain from a fast glance. Since he has a Masters in Political Science, I expect he knows how to avoid it. But his rants against "the Lobby" (that's the "Jewish Lobby" more often than the "Israel Lobby") and against Canada's hate laws are at the very least distasteful.

From: Port Hope, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 25 November 2004 10:05 AM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Does he actually say "Jewish lobby" rather than "Israeli lobby" or "Zionist lobby"? Although to be sure, all major ethnic groups here have community organisations whose work involves "lobbying" - often against discrimination, stereotypes or for a better deal for their group (I'm very familiar with the Italian-Canadian Congress...) that expression is questionable at least.

Does he support Zündel? (Not as a Nazi, but as someone "persecuted by Canada's hate laws"? That would set off warning signals.

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 25 November 2004 10:12 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The Globe and Mail is certainly very free this morning with the word "lobby," and on the very topic of Canada's position on Israel / Palestine at the UN.

Lobbies to right of 'em, lobbies to left of 'em, volleying and thundering all over the place, in the Grope, anyway.

Perhaps the Grope and Flail has decided that it is time to defuse the word "lobby," on precisely the grounds that lagatta so sensibly limns.

Mr. Magoo
guilty-pleasure
Babbler # 3469

posted 25 November 2004 10:36 AM      Profile for Mr. Magoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Are we being secretly ruled by the Jews again? Between Jack's clear support for hardcore Zionism (as amply demonstrated by his response to "the letter"), the "neo-con" takeover of the U.S. government by Hebrew Forces of Evil (as bravely exposed by Kalle Lasn) and now this, I'm wondering if I need to get circumcised again or anything?
From: ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø, | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 25 November 2004 10:59 AM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Skimming through the article titles, it looks like that site is concerned with colonialism and the rights of minority groups everywhere. It's not simply an anti-zionist site. There are articles talking about mistreatment of Canadian natives peoples, the Kashmir conflict, the apparent absence of an anti-war movement in the US, the election results south of the border, etc., etc. At least half of the articles focus on the Israel-Palestinian conflict, but that's easily understandable given the global importance and implications of the 'Palestinian problem'.

Most of the opinion pieces are focused on the US or Iraq (or both), from the titles I skimmed through.

I don't think we can discount World Media Monitors as antisemitic. Perhaps as overly self-important ("...where truth prevails" is their subtitle), but not antisemitic.

I think the article author is a little off-base. Cotler has every right to bring Martin's focus onto African tragedies, because of their immense scale and because they are very real humanitarian crises. Just because he is interested in focussing Canada's foreign efforts to poor African nations doesn't necessarily mean that he is trying to distract from Israeli atrocities in the OT. Just as my concern over the suffering of Palestinians doesn't mean I'm trying to distract from the concerns of Canadian Indians. It's just one of my concerns, as sub-Saharan Africa is one of Cotler's concerns.

Of course, I know Cotler is way off-base when he accuses critics of Israeli policy of antisemitism. But that seems to be a common fallacy (tactic?) among various Israeli supporters.

From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Magoo
guilty-pleasure
Babbler # 3469

posted 25 November 2004 11:35 AM      Profile for Mr. Magoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
And suggesting Cotler is actually Israel's man, some kind of fox in the henhouse who works for Israel and not Canada, certainly doesn't pay any homage to any worldwide Zionist Conspiracies or anything.

If suggesting that a respected politician is only concerned with humanitarian issues in Africa as a means of diverting attention from the actions of Israel seems to me to be pretty anti-Semitic. Sorry if that word is overused lately, but what else would you call it? "Honestly mistaken"?

Once again the accusation is levelled, by people who lack the courage to just come out and say it: we're being ruled by the Zionist Conspiracy.

From: ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø, | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bacchus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4722

posted 25 November 2004 11:46 AM      Profile for Bacchus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Are we? Does that mean we can relax because the gays will wipe out the jews to ensure their 'gay agenda'? Or wipe each other out so we can live in peace with the bible as our code of laws?

Or am I mixing canada up with the U.S.?

We really do need a sarcastic smiley

miles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7209

posted 25 November 2004 11:55 AM      Profile for miles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I find this posting interesting to say the least. Is the question about Minister Cotler's abilities regarding his portfolio -- no.

When Cotler was first elected to the House most people (of different races, nationalities, creeds) applauded his election because of his background in human rights. It is a well known fact that he was very involved with the Canadian Jewish Congress. I believe he was president of the organization. From his bio it states that "in June of 2000 he was appointed Special Advisor to the Minister of Foreign Affairs on the International Criminal Court." That does not seem like a bias position in government.

His bio continues that "he served as counsel to former prisoners of conscience in the Soviet Union (Andrei Sakharov), South Africa (Nelson Mandela), Latin America (Jacobo Timmerman) and Asia (Muchtar Pakpahan)." That looks pretty good to me.

Does his work with the Internation Criminal Court, his representation of prisoners of conscience get trumped by his pro-israel views?

Does all of this mean that he is not competant as a Minister?

I think not.

Let's look at his influence in Cabinet. Does he have too much?

Well, he has one vote around the Cabinet Table 1 of 39 ministers.

He sits on the following Cabinet Committees:
Domestic Affairs chaired by Andy Mitchell and he is 1 of 24 members
Global Affiars chaired by Minister of Foreign Affairs and is 1 of 12 members
Canada US relations chaired by PM 1 of 12 members
Security Public Health chaired by Deputy PM 1 of 12 members
Aboriginal Affairs chaired by PM 1 of 16 members

It seems to me that Cotler does not have undue influence.

But why is only Cotler mentioned. Maybe it is not because of his being Jewish at all. For if this was an attack on the percieved influence of Jewish Cabinet Ministers then Diva77 in her post or Greg Felton in his article would surly have tried to tie other Jewish Cabinet Ministers to his conspiracy. But neither did.

Could it be simply that Felton does not like Cotler and would have preferred someone else to be the Minister of Justice?

Or could it be that Felton did not like the fact that Cotler had the gaul to be both pro-israel and fight for prisoners of conceince.

During these dark days when the world needs a strong fighter on behalf of human rights there is no other elected Liberal MP that I would rather have as the Attorney General of Canada and Minister of Justice.

[ 25 November 2004: Message edited by: miles ]

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 25 November 2004 12:04 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
miles: the power behind any struggle on behalf of human rights, here and world-wide, that matters, I would argue, is the conviction of the Canadian people.

Could we avoid turning individuals into symbols, sainted or demonized either?

Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 25 November 2004 12:16 PM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I have read other of Greg Felton's articles and most are vitriolic anti-Israel and even anti-Semitic IMHO. Felton does use the term "Jewish lobby" and has in other articles as well. This article is pretty vile and should not have been posted here. Felton even condemns Cotler's wish to focus on the poverty in Africa as a means by which to protect Israel. If you can't see this for what it really is then is there any hope?
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 25 November 2004 12:19 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
If you can't see this for what it really is then is there any hope?

Mac, to whom is this melodramatic sentence addressed? Who is "you"?

Given the many critically intelligent prior posts to this thread, do you (as in Mac) really think that it is useful suddenly to return us all to emotional overgeneralizations?

addie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7186

posted 25 November 2004 12:40 PM      Profile for addie        Edit/Delete Post
interesting for someone accused of being one sided in human rights he did organize i believe the only mid-east human rights conference that included israeli, palestinian, jordanian and other global experts to debate human rights issues.

The conference was in 1999 at TAU.

Here is some quotes from the post conference brochure.

quote:
"Human rights has become the new secular religion of our times. We are witnessing a revolution in international humanitarian law," said Prof. Irwin Cotler, Head of the International Human Rights Center in Canada, at a symposium entitled "Human Rights in Transnational Perspectives" held at TAU.

The Symposium, which brought together scholars from Russia, the US, Canada, Israel, Jordan and the Palestinian Authority (PA) to debate global human rights issues, was held under the auspices of the Prof. Dr. Raphael Taubenschlag Institute of Criminal Law at TAU's Buchmann Faculty of Law, and organized by Dr. Asher Maoz, Head of the Institute.

The "human rights revolution" is being challenged by a parallel counter-revolution - the growing violation of human rights across the globe," cautioned Cotler. "We must nurture a culture of human rights to counteract the growing trafficking of hate throughout the world," he stressed.

I wonder if Felton knew about this conference that had all of the players in the middle east at one table to talk about human rights?

This does not condemn or condone cotler. rather it does raise the question about what others are doing or could be doing.

From: anchorage alaska as of 11/29/04 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 25 November 2004 01:35 PM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by skdadl:

Mac, to whom is this melodramatic sentence addressed? Who is "you"?

Given the many critically intelligent prior posts to this thread, do you (as in Mac) really think that it is useful suddenly to return us all to emotional overgeneralizations?

It is a cry to the world Skdadl...a cry to the world...

Mr. Magoo
guilty-pleasure
Babbler # 3469

posted 25 November 2004 02:09 PM      Profile for Mr. Magoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Uh, Macabee? You just reminded me of a friend in University who once had the following exchange:

person: Karen, you do realize you're generalizing, don't you?

Karen: Ya, but everybody does it.
(No, it was not said with irony or a smirk).

Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 25 November 2004 02:53 PM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I understand...frustration sometimes gets the best of me
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 25 November 2004 03:06 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
addie, what is TAU?
miles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7209

posted 25 November 2004 03:10 PM      Profile for miles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Skdadl I was wondering the same thing. When i googled the Buchmann faculty of law it came back as Tel Aviv University.
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 25 November 2004 03:52 PM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Whatever. I haven't read Felton's other 'contributions' because they don't interest me. He failed to make a convincing argument for anything in the one article I've read. However, I'm not going to take Macabee's word that he's an antisemite, simply because Mac has cried wolf on this subject numerous times before. If someone less hysterical on the subject were to chime in, it might add some weight to the accusation.
From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 25 November 2004 04:02 PM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Dont be so lazy. Read Felton yourself. Hell his trying to blame Jews for the murder of Jews by the nazis is proof alone!!
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 25 November 2004 04:06 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
As I was saying earlier, I gather -- from the Grope and Flail, that unimpeachable source, to which I will nevertheless not link because I am still on strike against their antediluvian online policies -- that there is an Issue arising in the next week or so.

Apparently, during this coming week at the UN, a whole series of votes on repetitive resolutions about the Middle East come up for voting again. (If someone wants to correct or precise that summary of what is happening, please feel free.)

Many (well: at least the editors of the Grope) seem to believe that the whole series of votes cast by Canada on those resolutions need to be parsed. Some seem to be watching for a shift in Canada's position on Israel / Palestine.

Some seem to feel that the Martin Cabinet may be preparing to shift decisively away from the traditional position of careful neutrality that Canada has maintained for decades.

Don't ask moi: I'm just repeating what the Grope said. Lobbies -- a number of lobbies -- figured largely in the report.

Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 25 November 2004 04:14 PM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Different PMs different policies...happens all the time...sometimes for the good sometimes for the bad...
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 25 November 2004 04:23 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Mac? That reads like confetti?
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 25 November 2004 04:32 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Dont be so lazy. Read Felton yourself. Hell his trying to blame Jews for the murder of Jews by the nazis is proof alone!!

Lets not be so hasty here, there is a whole movement of anti-Zionist Jews, who likewise claim that some Zionist factions did less than they could of to protect the Jews of Europe because they were pursuing there own Zionist agenda.

Taking that view, is not, in and of itself racist.

[ 25 November 2004: Message edited by: Cueball ]

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wilf Day
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3276

posted 25 November 2004 04:39 PM      Profile for Wilf Day     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Briguy:
I haven't read Felton's other 'contributions' because they don't interest me.

I refuse to post a link to his own site, and in fact, I would want such a link deleted from Babble. However, you can find it by Googling "Greg Felton" and ignoring the actor and the Irish jazz musician. Lots about the "Jewish Lobby."

From: Port Hope, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 25 November 2004 04:45 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Why is this thread turning into some kind of Eleusinian mystery?

Could I ask all who post further to this thread to write out their thoughts in full?

Some of us are trying to have a discussion. But some seem determined that we should be able to make up our minds on the basis of ... what? Gestures? In ... some direction? Why?

Next up: the reading of entrails. I warn you: I have some experience.

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 25 November 2004 04:53 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
PS: Multi apologies.

I only just noticed the title of this thread.

I think that it is appalling. Either it is changed immediately, or it should be closed.

Why the hell didn't anyone else say this before?

What is the matter here?

miles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7209

posted 25 November 2004 04:57 PM      Profile for miles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
skdadl that is why above i tried to disprove everything point by point
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 25 November 2004 05:00 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
miles, as John Wayne used to say, Listen up, and listen tight:

babble does not allow this kind of shit. I'm sorry that it took me so long to read the title of this thread, but it is waaaaay out of bounds, and everyone should have written to audra hours ago.

Write to audra right now. audra@rabble.ca

That I could be blind for hours is one thing (I spent midday at dentist). But how many people have seen that title and not written to the moderator?

For heaven's sake.

lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 25 November 2004 05:10 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
It's odd; I didn't really notice the thread title either. I was so thrown by the content that was ... just teetering on the border ... of being bannable...

Macabee is right about the part blaming Zionists for killing "Yiddisher Jews". Even if some leaders of the Jewish community - like all other nations, communities and ethnic groups - may well have been cowardly to save their skins or because another agenda was more important, the blame for the mass murder of Yiddishers and Yekkes alike - and the Sephardic Jews of Salonica, Italy etc - falls squarely with the Nazis and Nazi-collaborators.

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 25 November 2004 05:17 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The title of this thread is both immoral and legally actionable.

Please write to the moderator.

audra@rabble.ca

Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 25 November 2004 05:19 PM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
So then why is it so difficult to call Greg Felton exactly what he is...an antisemite?
Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 25 November 2004 05:25 PM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post
I've never heard of Greg Felton before, so the value of this dialogue (if it has any at all) would be to ascertain that he is, in fact, an anti-semite.

But Macabee, you have to realise, that crying wolf too many times has exactly this drawback. Very few people believe you, in the end.

From: Québec/Ontario | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 25 November 2004 05:28 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macabee:
So then why is it so difficult to call Greg Felton exactly what he is...an antisemite?

So then why was it so difficult for you, Macabee, who saw this thread at what hour this morning, to send up the warning I just did?

What the hell game are you playing, Mac?

Is this what you have been waiting for Mac? Three years' hard labour?

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 25 November 2004 05:54 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Sorry. I missed it too. I was paying more attention to the content of the first post (especially the crap about Cotler's "personal views" that are supposedly more personal than those of the rest of us) than the thread title. And I didn't read the article in question either.

But I noticed that the link has Diva's thread title in it - is it possible she was using the title of the article as her thread title? I don't know since I haven't read the article and there's no way I'm clicking on some link that everyone's saying leads to an antisemitic site from work.

In any case, the thread title is changed.

And Diva, could you do us all a big favour and try really hard not to link to antisemitic articles in the future?

[ 25 November 2004: Message edited by: Michelle ]

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Magoo
guilty-pleasure
Babbler # 3469

posted 25 November 2004 06:01 PM      Profile for Mr. Magoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The title of the article was in fact the same as the title of this thread, with the addition of Cotler's name at the beginning.
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 25 November 2004 06:03 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Michelle, I also neglected to notice the forum we are in ...

Sorry. When the title suddenly registered, I just went bananas. Obviously.

A lot of us passed over the title for the article, and there's a lesson. The discussion itself has been useful, IMHO.

I haven't assessed the site m'self, and that wasn't my problem. I think we should return to the questions that, according to at least one national newspaper, have been raised in Ottawa about our government's position on a series of resolutions at the UN this week.

Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 25 November 2004 06:34 PM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post
There was nothing wrong with the thread title and it shouldn't have been changed. It was lifted from the title of the article it referenced; it didn't subject Rabble to any action. It's of value to determine that Felton is an anti-semite and it might be worth wondering why Diva_77 (who has practically no history here) posted that.

I have a problem when people's posts are edited for less than valid reasons.

From: Québec/Ontario | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 25 November 2004 07:43 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Lots of folks want this closed so I'm closing it.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca