babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » It's a little girl. She's running defensively eastwards

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: It's a little girl. She's running defensively eastwards
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 24 November 2004 03:03 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Israeli soldiers continued firing at a Palestinian girl killed in Gaza last month well after she had been identified as a frightened child, a military communications tape has revealed.

The Independent

miles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7209

posted 24 November 2004 03:04 PM      Profile for miles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Is this not the same incident where the soldier and or soldiers have been arrested and charged with murder?
Macabee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5227

posted 24 November 2004 04:16 PM      Profile for Macabee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yes, not that Wingnut would ever bother to mention that
Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 24 November 2004 04:20 PM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post
*Pweeet*. Unecessary baiting. In case the game continues, just so we all know, Macabee started it.
From: Québec/Ontario | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 24 November 2004 04:26 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
miles, if you had read the link to the Independent, you would not have had to ask such vague questions.

One soldier, the commander, has been charged, but not with murder. The reasoning is interesting. You will find it clearly explained in the link.

Is there a value in following a story like this through, as the facts known become more clear? Self-evidently, I should have thought.

addie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7186

posted 24 November 2004 04:27 PM      Profile for addie        Edit/Delete Post
wow Hinterland what is wrong today?

lets see wingnut posts a link, miles asks a question to clarify the post about the story. macabee answers the question and points out that wingnut did not include a big part of the continuing story.

why the whistle and flag on the play?

skdadl vague question? actually for a thread about an issue that could lead to emotional posts miles question was one of the few that i have seen on babble that was actually on topic

[ 24 November 2004: Message edited by: addie ]

From: anchorage alaska as of 11/29/04 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 24 November 2004 04:28 PM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post
You figure it out, Sherlock.
addie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7186

posted 24 November 2004 04:31 PM      Profile for addie        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hinterland:
You figure it out, Sherlock.

ok sorry for questioning the events. i will crawl back into my cave now and try not to question things again. must re-read parable of the cave.

From: anchorage alaska as of 11/29/04 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 24 November 2004 04:33 PM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post
That's nice.
Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 24 November 2004 04:34 PM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post
By the way, are the plovers returning to Capistrano?
miles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7209

posted 24 November 2004 04:39 PM      Profile for miles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by skdadl:
miles, if you had read the link to the Independent, you would not have had to ask such vague questions.

Sorry Skdadl at the time the link was not working for me. I got that error page and could not get through. I did not know if it was my end or their end. It was mine ... damn bill gates.

So i posted my question instead -- not thinking that I would be opening a can of whup ass

WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 24 November 2004 04:40 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Yes, not that Wingnut would ever bother to mention that

I didn't mention anything. I posted a link. In your need to apologize for every attrocity committed by the racist state of Israel, you would even shoot the messenger.

However, I note you failed to indicate that only the commander was charged. And he is charged with a relatively minor offence. The military equivalent of jay-walking.

Oh, and what did this brave soldier tell his men after murdering a child?

"Anyone who's mobile, moving in the zone, even if it's a three-year-old, needs to be killed."

Yes, needs to be killed. As long as they are Palestinian, that is.

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 24 November 2004 04:53 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I understand, miles. But addie, if you had bothered to read the link -- ? -- it would be immediately apparent to you that miles's first post looked like defensive jumping-the-gun ... and then I'll just ignore what followed.

[ 24 November 2004: Message edited by: skdadl ]

miles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7209

posted 24 November 2004 04:58 PM      Profile for miles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hinterland:
By the way, are the plovers returning to Capistrano?

Hinterland sorry for the question here but I am a Ontario guy here

Don't they usually return in the spring not winter?

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 24 November 2004 05:01 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Not the Snowy ones, miles.
miles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7209

posted 24 November 2004 05:04 PM      Profile for miles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I really should not have skipped my highschool class on plovers returning to Capistrano.

It is proving to me that the protest against free trade was not as important as this

Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn,

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca