babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Zarqawi lashes Muslim scholars for silence

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Zarqawi lashes Muslim scholars for silence
Frac Tal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6796

posted 24 November 2004 10:58 AM      Profile for Frac Tal        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
“You made peace with the tyranny and handed over the countries and the people to the Jews and Crusaders. ... when you resort to silence on their crimes, when you refused to hold the banners of Jihad and Tawhid, and when you prevented youth from heading to the battlefields in order to defend the religion,” he said.

quote:
This week, two Sunni clerics who were part of an influential Sunni group that openly called for a boycott of Jan. 30 national elections because of the U.S. offensive against Fallujah were assassinated by gunmen.

A most disturbing report, if true.
Were those Shia assassins I wonder? They may win the elections, if in fact they can be held.
And, did Mr al-Zarqawi really rename his group "al-Qaeda in Iraq"? That seems unlikely to increase his support in the west.

You have let us down in the darkest circumstances and handed us over to the enemy...

[ 24 November 2004: Message edited by: Frac Tal ]

From: I'll never sign it. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 24 November 2004 11:02 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Frac Tal, I am looking for a logical connection between the two facts that both you and the Grope have associated there by juxtaposing them, and I am not finding it.

Could you explain what the one has to do with the other?

Frac Tal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6796

posted 24 November 2004 11:11 AM      Profile for Frac Tal        Edit/Delete Post
I'm not sure what you mean, skdadl. Are you asking if there is a link between the assassinations and al-Zarqawi's call to jihad?

Possibly. In Iraq, it's very much wait and see. Who knows what is going to happen.

From: I'll never sign it. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 25 November 2004 02:53 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Uhhmm, FYI, I don't think that Zarqawi is interested in "increasing his support in the west." For instance, the man we have come too know as Zarqawi regularly engages in the practice of beheading people from the west. This indicates to me that he is motivated by other agendas than appeasing 'western popular opinion.'

I think you are going to have to look closely at your base assumption about the motives of the various forces involved in world politics today, before engaging in any more analysis.

Thats just my opinion, you feel free to do what you like....

[ 26 November 2004: Message edited by: Cueball ]

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca