babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Cheerleading the war

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheerleading the war
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 22 November 2004 10:03 AM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
From the New York Times

Reading this, you'd think that only fighters and insurgents were present in Fallujah.

I will sum up: Rah! Rah! Boo-ya! Go, Joe!

From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 22 November 2004 10:09 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Falluja women, children in mass grave

quote:
Residents of a village neighbouring Falluja have told Aljazeera that they helped bury the bodies of 73 women and children who were burnt to death by a US bombing attack.

On the other hand reading A-J, one gets the impression that there were no resistance fighters in Fallujah.

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
exiled armadillo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6389

posted 22 November 2004 12:21 PM      Profile for exiled armadillo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I seriously wonder how many there really were? If the US prohibits men from leaving incase they are resistance fighters then they just made their own opposition. Were I trapped in a city and knew that the Americans were going to come in shooting anything that moved, I'd arm myself too.

How fair is it that they are allowed to create their own battle? Once they make the opposition or bad guy by refusing to let anyone leave (even avowed pacifists), then they can go in and kill them all off (even wounded people they think are "playing dead"). This means that of the old, women and children that are left, there is no one of age or male to fight their raping the country of its oil supplies.

The whole thing is absolutely criminal!!!

From: Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and for the same reason | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cougyr
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3336

posted 22 November 2004 01:47 PM      Profile for Cougyr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by exiled armadillo:
The whole thing is absolutely criminal!!!

Yup. Standard American. Vietnam all over again. Americans don't learn.

From: over the mountain | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
kukuchai
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6215

posted 22 November 2004 02:00 PM      Profile for kukuchai        Edit/Delete Post
All males between the ages of 15 and 55 were not allowed to leave Fallujah and were assumed to be so-called "insurgents". Well, I have a 16 year old son. I can't even imagine him being shot at, killed, blown to bits, because someone thought he was on the wrong side because of his age and his sex. From the pictures I've seen even babies weren't exempt from this carnage. Scenes from Dante's Inferno! Unbelievable what human beings can do to each other! I am just so disgusted that the Murderer Bush will be on our soil and will be treated like royalty! Just makes me sick!

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca