babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Mockery of the disabled

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Mockery of the disabled
Hailey
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6438

posted 23 October 2004 02:53 AM      Profile for Hailey     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
http://www.traditionalvalues.org/images/BushOlympics.JPG

I just find this utterly despicable and John Kerry should give his head a shake if he allows this to be representative of his campaign.

[ 23 October 2004: Message edited by: Hailey ]

Contrarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6477

posted 23 October 2004 02:57 AM      Profile for Contrarian     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
It's not signed by Kerry; what makes you think he allowed it? HE'S not stupid.
From: pretty far west | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 23 October 2004 02:58 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Someone should give her own head a shake.

What does your image have to do with the Kerry campaign?

...and what does this have to do with the Middle East?

[ 23 October 2004: Message edited by: al-Qa'bong ]

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hailey
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6438

posted 23 October 2004 03:01 AM      Profile for Hailey     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=1951

This is the url that gives context to show support with the democratic fold for it or, perhaps, I am misunderstanding.

And I'm sorry that the url is a place you don't support it's the first one that showed up on google. I had actually learned about this image on another message board and thought it impolite to have a url connecting to another message board so I googled and posted the first image I could find that represented what I was talking about. I am not promoting that website or endorsing the different things on it.

[ 23 October 2004: Message edited by: Hailey ]

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 23 October 2004 03:04 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This site is a hoot!

quote:
GLSEN targets children for recruitment into the homosexual lifestyle as well as cross-dressing/sex change operations through GLSEN chapters that sponsor hundreds of Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) clubs on junior high and high school campuses across the United States.

"Uncle" Sam wants You!

Contrarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6477

posted 23 October 2004 03:16 AM      Profile for Contrarian     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Go-ollee! A quick google search thickens the plot; possibly it was planted by a Republican. Try doing a little research, Hailey.
news report on the pamphlet
It's always a good idea to find out what the accused has to say.

Hailey
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6438

posted 23 October 2004 03:26 AM      Profile for Hailey     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I appreciate that information.
Contrarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6477

posted 23 October 2004 03:38 AM      Profile for Contrarian     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Also an interesting take on it here.
Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 23 October 2004 03:46 AM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well aside from the fact that the Democrats deny having anything to do with this, and say that it's the Republicans who sent it out to make them look bad -- I too fail to see what this has to do with the ME. Also Hailey your source is a tad strange.

But you can always exact pennance by editing your first post, changing it too exclude the title and have this be a 'party thread'.

Here's the News Story

Contrarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6477

posted 23 October 2004 03:50 AM      Profile for Contrarian     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
VK, you posted it just so we would get the dorky pop-up ad. Somebody should put that guy's face on a brochure
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 23 October 2004 03:50 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Maybe ME USA. Tennessee for instance.
From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 23 October 2004 03:53 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hailey:
I appreciate that information.

Yabbut, don't you find it "utterly despicable" that Republicans would produce this swill, never mind blaming Democrats for it?

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 23 October 2004 04:07 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Don't be so naive Al Q. This is obviously a Democrat plot to smear the Republicans by implicating them in a plot to fabricate a Democrat smear campaign against the Republican presidential contender. D'oh. Its so obvious.
From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 23 October 2004 05:01 AM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Contrarian:
VK, you posted it just so we would get the dorky pop-up ad. Somebody should put that guy's face on a brochure]

Haha, sorry about that. Now that I think of it I noticed the pop-up but my blocker stopped it so I didn't think to warn anyone. Not that I had any idea of what it would be though.

Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 23 October 2004 10:06 AM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Hailey, we've already had two threads on that poster. The democrats deny producing it. Babblers (and others) believe it is the work of Republicans, possibly of the name Karl Rove.
From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
pogge
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2440

posted 23 October 2004 11:49 AM      Profile for pogge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

I just find this utterly despicable ...

This was debunked over a week ago. You're more than a little behind the times.

Meanwhile the GOP has admitted that this came from their campaign. So whose head should be shaking?

From: Why is this a required field? | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Screaming Lord Byron
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4717

posted 23 October 2004 05:03 PM      Profile for Screaming Lord Byron     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Hailey, I have it on good authority that the Bush special olympics ad was created by someone within the Tennessee Republican Party. When you see things like this, don't jump to conclusions - American politics is full of dirty little tricks like this.
Hailey
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6438

posted 23 October 2004 05:14 PM      Profile for Hailey     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Pogge I don't agree with the other but gay and lesbian people can stand up for themselves in a way that persons with down syndrome cannot. Picking on the most innocent and vulnerable amongst us is deplorable.

It had never occured to me that the republicans would pull that kind of a trick. Who would falsely accuse someone of that?

Jesus, this makes my blood boil!

Anyway, whoever did it is just sick.

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 23 October 2004 05:25 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
It had never occured to me that the republicans would pull that kind of a trick. Who would falsely accuse someone of that?

These people think it's within their rights to incinerate wedding parties and lay waste to whole regions of the planet with ordnance made of depleted uranium.

What's the odd instance of exploiting the innocent and helpless for cynical political purposes to a Republican?

Screaming Lord Byron
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4717

posted 23 October 2004 05:47 PM      Profile for Screaming Lord Byron     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

Jesus, this makes my blood boil!

Anyway, whoever did it is just sick.

But you were perfectly happy to believe the Democrats were behind it? Seriously, US politics is 95% deceit.

Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 24 October 2004 11:52 AM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Karl Rove has a history of tricks like this. That is why his name comes up so often. That's not to say that he's for sure responsible; it's probably unlikely, given his schedule working for the president. But if the stain fits, people are naturally going to point fingers in his direction. In truth, it's probably the work of some low-level Karl Rove wannabe.
From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hailey
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6438

posted 24 October 2004 12:15 PM      Profile for Hailey     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
SLB I very much look at things at face value. Trickery just doesn't occur to me. It wasn't about party bias.
Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 24 October 2004 12:19 PM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post
Well, Hailey...maybe you've learned something today.

My general approach is also to take things at face value, then to consider other possibilities.

In the end though, this is precisely the assault on public discourse and democracy that any negative campaigning does. It discombulates people and their understanding of how issues should be argued. PR wonks go on about negative campaingning "works", to which I've always cried "bullshit". Its long-term achievements are nothing to be celebrated.

From: Québec/Ontario | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 24 October 2004 12:28 PM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
SLB I very much look at things at face value. Trickery just doesn't occur to me. It wasn't about party bias.

Consider this then: how could such an offensive ad possibly benefit the Democrats? It couldn't. Therefore, simple logic dictates they are actually the targets, not the authors.

From: Gone for good | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca