babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Selling Peace as a brand name

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Selling Peace as a brand name
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 10 June 2004 10:16 AM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Israeli, Palestinian advertisers push 'campaign for peace'

quote:
Israeli members of the media will be cooperating with their Palestinian colleagues to create a "local and international campaign to promote the image of peace," said Oslo negoitator Ron Pundak, who initiated the campaign. The next step, he said, is to try and get more media publicity. This week's meeting is the group's second; the first took place about six months ago in Paris.

"We aren't focusing on political issues, and we aren't discussing borders between the countries," said Pundak, who also directs the Peres Center for Peace.

"We aim to produce a widespread campaign that will improve the image of the peace brand, which has been worn down over the past few years. Professionals in the media and advertising will attempt to define certain concepts, such as coexistence, in a way that will be acceptable to both sides."

I don't know how well this will work, but it certainly is an interesting idea.

PS. I'd like to thank Thomas Linner. I haven't read Ha'aretz in months because of the poison that exists on this board. Your suggestion to be patient and ignore has convinced me to read and post from the progressive Israeli papers again, without worrying about spurious accusations derailing the discussion. I will try to embody the essence of 'meh' when the inevitable derailment attempt is brought to bear.

From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Coyote
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4881

posted 02 July 2004 06:48 PM      Profile for Coyote   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Didn't see this one for a bit. You may have appreciated my words, but let me be clear that people like you and the intelligence and compassion you bring in your conversation is much appreciated by me.

Thank-you.

From: O’ for a good life, we just might have to weaken. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca