babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Israel kills protestors, beats others

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Israel kills protestors, beats others
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 19 April 2004 03:08 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
The Israeli army shot in the chest 23 year old Ziad Abdul Kareem Abu Aid from Biddu during a demonstration against the construction of the Wall on the farmland of Biddu, NW Jerusalem. Eyewitnesses reported that the army used live ammunition several times to disperse the demonstrators, wounding critically near the heart Ziad Abdul Kareem who has been immediately transferred to Maqassed hospital in Jerusalem ...

Two days ago, April 16, the army shot dead 17 year old Hussein Mahmoud Hussein Awad during another anti-wall protest in Beitunia, west of Ramallah. The army denied the use of live bullets but were contradicted by medical sources, eyewitness accounts and video footages.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/WO0404/S00186.htm

o
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4435

posted 19 April 2004 03:49 PM      Profile for o     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
If this is true, then I will go on record saying that it is wrong..they should have used rubber bullets if the crowd was not throwing stones or shooting.
Loony Bin
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4996

posted 19 April 2004 04:03 PM      Profile for Loony Bin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
rubber bullets kill people too.
From: solitary confinement | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Coyote
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4881

posted 19 April 2004 04:16 PM      Profile for Coyote   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Especially Israeli rubber bullets, which are actually about half-an-inch round steel balls with about a two-milimeter couting of rubber. Let's just say Québec City would have looked alot different had the IDF been in charge of security (blood everywhere, folks).
From: O’ for a good life, we just might have to weaken. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 19 April 2004 04:24 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Also, I think it is important to note that while the butcher Sharon has us focussed on Rantisi, people fighting for their basic rights, like any one of us would, are being killed in cold blood.

Who are the terrorists when this happens? And it happens every day.

Scout
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1595

posted 19 April 2004 04:40 PM      Profile for Scout     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
they should have used rubber bullets if the crowd was not throwing stones or shooting.

If the crowd wasn't doing either of the things you mentioned, why should they have used bullets, rubber or otherwise at all? Why can't they demonstrate?

From: Toronto, ON Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 19 April 2004 04:44 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Why can't they demonstrate?

Because that makes it harder to steal the olive groves, silly.

o
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4435

posted 19 April 2004 04:50 PM      Profile for o     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I am with you 100% on this one..people shoud be allowed to peacufully protest and not be shot at or beaten. I assumed that there was some kind of violence when I wrote about the rubber bullets. I am not a partison. If this story is true, Israel was definately wrong and should make ammends.
Coyote
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4881

posted 19 April 2004 04:52 PM      Profile for Coyote   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Nice start. You willing to take another look at that whole 36 year-old occupation while you're at it?

Actually, that was really cheap. Sorry 'bout that.

From: O’ for a good life, we just might have to weaken. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Scout
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1595

posted 19 April 2004 05:01 PM      Profile for Scout     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
I assumed that there was some kind of violence

You shouldn't have assumed that.

From: Toronto, ON Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
xrcrguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1562

posted 19 April 2004 09:09 PM      Profile for xrcrguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by o:
If this is true, then I will go on record saying that it is wrong..they should have used rubber bullets if the crowd was not throwing stones or shooting.

Stone throwing does not warrant a response of live ammunition o. It is not a proportional or reasonable response but an antagonistic and ridiculous escalation.
A reasonable defensive response to stone throwing would be to put on a helmet and face mask or withdraw your vehicle. A proportional offensive response would be to deploy tear gas and "perhaps" rubber bullets.

From: Believe in ideas, not ideology | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca