babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: rabble reactions.  
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » For fear of the moderators

Author Topic: For fear of the moderators
Joe Sobran
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5427

posted 07 April 2004 10:47 PM      Profile for Joe Sobran     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Closing a thread when the moderator has read neither the content or the Gospel from which the thread title came? Or the content of the article?

This is exactly the sort of hysterical knee jerk reaction I referred to in the article. A deliberate, ingrained fear of offending those Jews who have brow-beaten people into believing that to mention the word Jew is to cause offense.

Read the article, Michelle, and tell me if you don't see yourself.

[ 07 April 2004: Message edited by: Joe Sobran ]

paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 07 April 2004 10:50 PM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yes, but I have studied the Gospels for many years, and find your co-opting them for your political agenda most offensive.
From: the process of recovery | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 07 April 2004 10:54 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I love the assumption that I haven't read the gospels.

I closed the thread because the subject line was offensive. I'm reading through it now to see whether the text of your posts is as offensive as your thread title.

Also, this thread belongs in rabble reactions. So I'm moving it there.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca