babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Am I an anti-Semite?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I an anti-Semite?
Polunatic
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3278

posted 17 February 2004 10:55 AM      Profile for Polunatic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
AM I AN ANTI-SEMITE? THERE ARE ANTI-SEMITES WHO CRITICIZE ISRAEL, BUT THAT SHOULDN'T SHUT US UP BY URI AVNERY
One of the better pieces on the topic I've read in a long time. Uri Avnery is a former member of the Israeli Knesset and a founding member of Gush Shalom (Peace Bloc).
quote:
Has Europe become anti-Semitic again? Not really. The number of anti-Semites in Europe has not grown; perhaps it has even fallen. What has increased is the volume of criticism of Israel's behaviour toward the Palestinians.

From: middle of nowhere | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rufus Polson
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3308

posted 19 February 2004 06:43 PM      Profile for Rufus Polson     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
An interesting discussion of the New Left Antisemitism meme by a young Jewish Israeli activist.
Anti-Semitism at the World Social Forum?

It is becoming increasingly clear that many of the more "official" Jewish groups are deliberately distorting the truth in their attempts to portray Leftist criticism of Israeli occupation as anti-semitic.

From: Caithnard College | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 20 February 2004 12:36 AM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Meanwhile we now have the World Islamic Conspiracy:

"[A] radical strain within Islam," says (Richard) Perle, " ... seeks to overthrow our civilization and remake the nations of the West into Islamic societies, imposing on the whole world its religion and laws."

http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/article_5211.shtml

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 20 February 2004 02:51 PM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
It is a good article, but how about:

"It is not always easy to distinguish between the two, because the Zionistas insist that Israel is THE Jewishs state. Not even A Jewish state."

Instead of:

quote:
It is not always easy to distinguish between the two, because shrewd anti-Semites pose as bona fide critics of Israel's actions.

People often make the mistake of blaiming Americans, or the French say, when they are talkning about the government of the USA or France. But I guess the original is also correct.

[ 20 February 2004: Message edited by: Cueball ]

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca