babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » There was no "Halocaust" . . .

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: There was no "Halocaust" . . .
No Yards
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4169

posted 26 January 2004 03:32 PM      Profile for No Yards   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
. . . codeword, that is!!

I know, this is probably a dumb idea to bring up this stupid topic again, but seeing as Mishei has refused to rise to the challange of providing any evidence that the word "Halocaust" has some kind of anti-Semitic "codeword meaning, I though it might be instructive to present the information I have found during my weekend search concerning the anti-Semitic use of the word.

Well, to summarize . . . .NONE, NADA, ZILCH!!

Google, meta search engines, checked out Holocaust information sites, checked out many hate group sites, Jewish forums (even joined one to ask the participants there if they had heard of this usage of the word, and no one had,) and have yet to see any reference to Halocaust as any kind of "code word called Halocaust" for anything let alone for anti-Semitic hate.

Now, since I have made an honest attempt to determine whether the use of the word "Halocaust" should be offensive to anyone (whether mispelled or used in that form on purpose) I would now expect that responsibility of proof belongs with Meshei in regards to showing us that the word is indeed offensive, otherwise not only has Meshei committed a slander, but has himself participated in the "minimzation" of the Holocaust by making up (or perpertrating an extreme exaggeration of) an offensive "codeword" on the backs of 6 million dead Jews, just to attempt to deride a discussion board thread that wasn't presenting an argument he was comfortable discussing.

In addition, I hope this will keep the discussionof misspelled "codewords" from derailing other topics!

From: Defending traditional marriage since June 28, 2005 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 26 January 2004 03:35 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I keep spelling it "halocaust" by accident, and editing my posts. I knew how to spell it until I started thinking about it!
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
No Yards
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4169

posted 26 January 2004 03:56 PM      Profile for No Yards   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That would make you a "Halocaust denier", wouldn't it?? Welcome to the dark side Audra!
From: Defending traditional marriage since June 28, 2005 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 26 January 2004 03:58 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
On second thought, let's not bait Mishei. He's being so nice today.

[ 26 January 2004: Message edited by: audra estrones ]

From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca