babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » No War for Israel

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: No War for Israel
Gir Draxon
leftist-rightie and rightist-leftie
Babbler # 3804

posted 25 January 2004 09:59 PM      Profile for Gir Draxon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
http://www.nowarforisrael.com/

The solution to the problem of war: destroy Israel?

From: Arkham Asylum | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 25 January 2004 10:08 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'd say those folks are just a tad 'round the bend.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2210

posted 25 January 2004 10:51 PM      Profile for Amy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Whoa. Who are those people? Their site is a maze; I tried to find out, sort of, but all I really found was a list of "Jewish Groups we Support". yeesh.
From: the whole town erupts and/ bursts into flame | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gir Draxon
Babbler # 3804

posted 25 January 2004 11:39 PM      Profile for Gir Draxon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
heh, those guys are WAY around the bend. From what I can tell, theyre Pat Buchannan type conservatives- isolationist and have an irrational fear of Judaism (Jewphobia?).

I was just hoping to stir things up in the peace forum

drunken American gun nut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4892

posted 26 January 2004 12:21 AM      Profile for drunken American gun nut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gir Draxon:
http://www.nowarforisrael.com/

The solution to the problem of war: destroy Israel?

Screw Israel. Congress is crawling with Israel's lobbyists like a rotting corpse with maggots. Those bastards get everything for free from the American taxpayer, while millions of Americans endure a form of poverty unknown in the rest of the developed world. We have planes crashing into our cities because of it. Not content with that, they now have our sons in harm's way defending them. The best thing that could happen to America is for Israel to be turned into a radioactive parking lot.

From: the belly of the beast | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 26 January 2004 12:26 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Whoa whoa whoa.

This is totally against babble policy:

quote:
The best thing that could happen to America is for Israel to be turned into a radioactive parking lot.

I noticed you were also taking a pot shot at "Jews" in the Zundel thread.

Watch it.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 26 January 2004 12:27 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
And by the way, this does not belong in this forum. "Stirring things up in the peace forum" is not a good enough reason for posting it here. Moving it to the Middle East forum.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunken American gun nut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4892

posted 26 January 2004 01:10 AM      Profile for drunken American gun nut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gir Draxon:
heh, those guys are WAY around the bend. From what I can tell, theyre Pat Buchannan type conservatives- isolationist and have an irrational fear of Judaism (Jewphobia?).

I was just hoping to stir things up in the peace forum

Their politics are so far to the right, that in a lot of ways, they're actually liberal. Like me. I do not support the war on drugs. I believe drug addicts have an illness and need treatment, not incarceration. I do not support American interventionism, unless there is a clear and present danger to this country. I do not support the U.S. government's bullying of other countries. I am not a pacifist, but I don't romanticize war. I think it is a deadly serious business, of extreme gravity, and not just a television show put on for my entertainment. I've been banned so many times from freak republic, it isn't even funny. As far as the charge of "Jewphobia" is concerned, I can't speak for the proprietors of that site, but I think Israel needs to take off it's daiper and stand on it's own two feet, and those in my government who have pandered to her lobby to the detriment of my country need to be put on trial for high treason, and if they are found guilty, it's the hangman's noose for them. If that makes me a "Jewphobe", then so be it.

[ 26 January 2004: Message edited by: drunken American gun nut ]

From: the belly of the beast | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gir Draxon
Babbler # 3804

posted 26 January 2004 01:43 AM      Profile for Gir Draxon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:
And by the way, this does not belong in this forum. "Stirring things up in the peace forum" is not a good enough reason for posting it here. Moving it to the Middle East forum.

Oh come on, according to the people behind that website, it is very much a "pace movement" issue

Ok I'm done with that.

drunken american wingnut, I sincerely hope that an admin will give you a nice warm bowl of BANNED FROM THE FORUM.

In the meantime, I have brought you a drink. A nice big glass of *PLONK*

Milo_Hayes
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4718

posted 26 January 2004 08:51 AM      Profile for Milo_Hayes        Edit/Delete Post
Originally posted by drunken American gun nut:

quote:
The best thing that could happen to America is for Israel to be turned into a radioactive parking lot.

Perhaps you would like to be introduced to one Ayatollah Ali Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani

From: Blueberry hill | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Agent 204
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4668

posted 15 February 2004 10:41 PM      Profile for Agent 204   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Man, I just found this thread. This is insane. These people (along with our friend the "drunken american gun nut") are the kind who take The Turner Diaries seriously.

The use of Rachel Corrie's story is disturbing to me as well. From my limited knowledge of their work, I have great respect for the ISM, and although under normal circumstances I'd never have the guts to do what they do (I still have this inexplicable desire to stay alive), I used to think that if I were diagnosed with a terminal illness or simply felt I had little to live for I'd join. I'm not so sure anymore; I don't like the idea of becoming a martyr for people like the authors of that website.

From: home of the Guess Who | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rufus Polson
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3308

posted 16 February 2004 04:12 AM      Profile for Rufus Polson     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Violent loonies make use of the science of Darwin, a good and gentle man. They make use of the words of Christ. It's not miss Corrie's fault these horrible scum are trying to appropriate her memory, and fear of that sort of thing is never a reason not to do good.
From: Caithnard College | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Coyote
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4881

posted 16 February 2004 01:49 PM      Profile for Coyote   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Mike Keenan:

quote:
The use of Rachel Corrie's story is disturbing to me as well. From my limited knowledge of their work, I have great respect for the ISM, and although under normal circumstances I'd never have the guts to do what they do (I still have this inexplicable desire to stay alive), I used to think that if I were diagnosed with a terminal illness or simply felt I had little to live for I'd join. I'm not so sure anymore; I don't like the idea of becoming a martyr for people like the authors of that website.

I am an ISMer. That these bastards use the memory of a good and decent person to perpetuate their hate-filled agenda sickens me to the core. But the ISM is not there to help anti-semites; we are there to help Palestinian people in non-violent resistance in the face of a brutal occupation.

I am disturbed by the idea that you would only consider the ISM if you had nothing more to live for. Friend, I was a scant 25 years of age when I travelled there, and believe me when I tell you I had no intention of dying. Yeah, there were dangerous situations and some possible close calls, but I intend to live for what I believe in; not die for it.

Those who think going to Palestine is all grimness do not know the people in these communities. One of the things that amazed me to no end was the ability to laugh and joke and love and enjoy life that is still so strong in these communities. If you are considering going, please, re-consider your reasons. If you have dismissed going, again, re-consider.

The ISM doesn't need martyrs, it needs people willing to live and work for justice.

From: O’ for a good life, we just might have to weaken. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Agent 204
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4668

posted 16 February 2004 08:58 PM      Profile for Agent 204   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well, I think I may have overstated the case. I have, however, thought that if I was going to commit suicide (and no, I'm not planning on doing it) I'd want to do it in a way that would do some good, and it has occurred to me that Rachel Corrie's death probably got more attention in the West than the previous hundred violent deaths in the occupied territories, because she was a Westerner. I certainly didn't mean to suggest that that's the only way one could do good by going there- the unwillingness on the part of the IDF to get that kind of attention probably causes them to hold their fire most of the time, hence saving Palestinian lives.

Would I go there? Not now. I wouldn't necessarily have to be suicidal, but I'd probably have to be at a stage where I see no way ahead with the way my life is going. I just don't have the guts to risk my life, nor put my future plans (as meagre as they are) on indefinite hold, right now. Maybe a year or two hence I'll have more courage, or less to lose, but I don't know.

From: home of the Guess Who | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca