babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » A simple and niave peace plan

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: A simple and niave peace plan
Tackaberry
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 487

posted 05 December 2003 01:10 AM      Profile for Tackaberry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The Israelis say they wont negotiate while terrorism (there words) continues, and the Palestinians insist pressure is necessary to push Isreal to negotiate seriously.

I think they are both right, which should present a problem.

So here is my niave idea. For every month there are no attacks on Israelis (forces, citizens, settlements, property) Canada and any other nation willing to sign up will put a 2% tarriff on imports, exports and financial transactions with Israel.

So, if after say 6 months of no violence, Israel would be facing 12% tariff from all countries that sign on.

the violence stops, and there is significant pressure on Israel to get to the table and negotiate with true intentions.

Thoughts?

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 05 December 2003 01:44 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm not sure I quite follow you here. What's the carrot, and what's the stick?
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca