babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Arafat, Qurie Condemn Suicide Bombing in Israel

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Arafat, Qurie Condemn Suicide Bombing in Israel
Ice Foot
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2531

posted 05 October 2003 12:59 AM      Profile for Ice Foot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Arafat, Qurie Condemn Suicide Bombing in Israel

quote:
RAMALLAH, West Bank (Reuters) - Palestinian President Yasser Arafat (news - web sites) condemned a suicide bombing which killed 19 people at a restaurant in Israel on Saturday and his prime minister-designate called for an end to attacks on civilians.

Arafat said in a statement the attack gave Israel a pretext to obstruct international peace efforts and contradicted Palestinian national interests.

"President Yasser Arafat and the Palestinian leadership strongly condemn the 'explosion operation' at Maxim restaurant in Haifa in which Israeli civilians and Arabs were killed," the written statement said.

"President Arafat considers this grave explosion operation a departure from the national consensus in this critical situation and it exposes the higher interests of the Palestinian people to serious dangers."

Arafat urged Israel to withdraw from Palestinian territory and immediately allow international observers to come to the region. Israel has opposed such calls.

I'm not sure if this is already being discussed elsewhere so I hope the moderator will move it to an appropriate thread if it is.

The violence over there seems to know no end. Always back and forth with such brutality. Neither side's hands are clean if you ask me, but clearly Sharon sends orders to the IDF while Arafat is not sending orders to suicide bombers like today's tragic event. Doesn't the logic always come back to ending the illegal occupation??

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 05 October 2003 08:22 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Hi Ice Foot - yes, the thread about this latest suicide bombing is over here.

I agree with your point, and I'd like to see you make it again in that other thread - how about cutting and pasting it?

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca