babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » No wonder America has so many enemies

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: No wonder America has so many enemies
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 28 September 2003 11:25 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
"America's most precious and proudest asset, its moral reputation, has been gravely damaged by the Bush White House. The only positive note: rising anti-Americanism is largely associated in the eyes of non-Americans with the persona of George Bush, a man who projects almost all the negative stereotypes foreigners hold of Americans.

Bush's blinkered core supporters in middle America simply don't understand or don't care what the rest of the world thinks of their nation, which, since 9/11, has wrapped itself in a cocoon of xenophobia and self-righteous rage.

The White House's mouthpiece media, led by Fox News, have simply blanked out world opinion and endlessly chorused administration war propaganda."
Eric Margolis

pogge
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2440

posted 28 September 2003 11:34 PM      Profile for pogge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Is it possible some of the media are beginning to break ranks?

From: Why is this a required field? | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Blind_Patriot
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3830

posted 29 September 2003 11:46 AM      Profile for Blind_Patriot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slim:
Is it possible some of the media are beginning to break ranks?
That can mean either:

1 They are not happy with the results

2 They want him to keep going (Not finished)

3 You idiot

4 What the hell were you thinking?

From: North Of The Authoritarian Regime | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Foxer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4251

posted 29 September 2003 01:44 PM      Profile for Foxer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I think the media will speak out in direct proportion to what they percieve the publics tolerance for hearing it its. Too much recently people have crapped on anyone being critical of the war on terror in any fashion, be it iraq, or 'homeland security' policy, etc etc.

But as is often the case down there, AS americans get those star spangled glasses off and begin to look at it over time, they begin to question. They did it in korea, veitnam, africa, anywhere the war lasts for more than a few months. THEN the media gets away with questioning. Also, as they move closer to an election questioning becomes more acceptible. Bush's 'free ride' in the media is beginning to come to an end, and i think he knows it.

Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 29 September 2003 02:20 PM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post
Which is why I detest mainstream American media. Make no mistake, they've been doing this since as long as I can remember. Never informing the public, only regurgitating what they believe the public wants to hear because that's what sells. I don't know how some of these media workers can live with themselves, though I suspect 3-martini lunches play a big role.
From: Québec/Ontario | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca