babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Clark: Bush plans invasion of 6 more countries

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Clark: Bush plans invasion of 6 more countries
Tommy M
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2183

posted 24 September 2003 11:32 AM      Profile for Tommy M     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

I WENT BACK through the Pentagon in November 2001, and one of the senior military staff officers had time for a chat. Yes, we were still on track for going against Iraq, he said. But there was more. This was being discussed as part of a five-year campaign plan, he said, and there were a total of seven countries, beginning with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Iran, Somalia, and Sudan. So, I thought, this is what they mean when they talk about “draining the swamp.” It was evidence of the Cold War approach: Terrorism must have a “state sponsor,” and it would be much more effective to attack a state than to chase after individuals, nebulous organizations, and shadowy associations.

The Clark Critique

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 24 September 2003 08:45 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Jesus. H. Baldhaired. Ole. Christ.

The sheer chutzpah of the notion of a five-year, seven-nation invasion plan with the absolute assuredness of a sleepwalker that nothing will ever go wrong is just unfathomable.

Human lives are being talked about here; doesn't anyone understand this in the Bush Administration?!

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 24 September 2003 09:38 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Human lives are being talked about here...

Nevertheless, there's a great deal of money to be made.

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pimji
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 228

posted 24 September 2003 11:48 PM      Profile for Pimji   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
The sheer chutzpah of the notion of a five-year, seven-nation invasion plan with the absolute assuredness of a sleepwalker that nothing will ever go wrong is just unfathomable.

When I listen to my Dad speak of his young life as he was growing up in Hamburg, the notion of world domination and that nothing will go wrong is not all that new and idea. Before the war, Hermann Goering, the German Air Marshall, promised the German civilians "If one enemy bomb drops on German soil, my name will be Meier. It was not long into WWII that Hermann Goering became known among the German people as Hermann Meier. (Meier being the German version of a name such as Schmedly)

As for making tons of money I doubt this is the prime motivation for going to war. The Bushites already have tons of money, and so far the ability to raise even more. What else do powerful leaders, who have anything they desire, left to do but to try to fulfill their fantasies?

From: South of Ottawa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Courage
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3980

posted 24 September 2003 11:52 PM      Profile for Courage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pimji:

When I listen to my Dad speak of his young life as he was growing up in Hamburg, the notion of world domination and that nothing will go wrong is not all that new and idea. Before the war, Hermann Goering, the German Air Marshall, promised the German civilians "If one enemy bomb drops on German soil, my name will be Meier. It was not long into WWII that Hermann Goering became known among the German people as Hermann Meier. (Meier being the German version of a name such as Schmedly)

As for making tons of money I doubt this is the prime motivation for going to war. The Bushites already have tons of money, and so far the ability to raise even more. What else do powerful leaders, who have anything they desire, left to do but to try to fulfill their fantasies?

I don't think it is all ideological - there is still significant profit to be made out there - politically and economically. China has yet to spread it's foal's legs, and the PNAC boys and the long-term planners know it is only a matter of time. They want to 'march their armies as far as they can', as Stalin put it, before their preeminence can be challenged from any quarter.

[ 24 September 2003: Message edited by: Courage ]

Pimji
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 228

posted 25 September 2003 12:33 AM      Profile for Pimji   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I agree there is significant profit to be made in mass murder. The world is becoming a private playground for those who can wield mass destruction.

Sometimes we might want to believe that our leaders are motivated by human behaviour that we can easily understand. What do people here make of Bush’s comments regarding the battle between good and evil? Do we believe he purposefully set out to screw the American people in a plot to make rich corporations richer? We certainly can draw all the lines on the map to prove this theory. There are enough of them to draw. I believe he is undergoing the same syndrome as Hermann Goering, deluded by his wild fantasy. Much the same as Bin Laden and co.

Bush and his pro war supporters honestly believe that are fighting on the side of good and have the sanction of God on their side. This motivation has nothing to do with economics.

From: South of Ottawa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 25 September 2003 12:49 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Verily, I say unto y'all. The Gospel of the Supply Side Jesus shows how loaves of dough can be made from rivers of blood.
From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca