babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Not even the tigers are safe from their liberators

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Not even the tigers are safe from their liberators
Wilf Day
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3276

posted 20 September 2003 07:39 PM      Profile for Wilf Day     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
'Drunk' U.S. soldier shoots rare tiger in Baghdad zoo

The head of the zoo says "That was the most precious and valuable animal in the whole zoo. It was 14 years old and had been born here," he said, adding sadly that he has no way of stopping the regular parties held at the zoo by occupation forces.

From: Port Hope, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
beluga2
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3838

posted 20 September 2003 08:09 PM      Profile for beluga2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Fer fuck's sake. Way to go, guys.

Does this mean they're trying to win the "hearts & minds" of Iraq's animal population too?

From: vancouvergrad, BCSSR | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 20 September 2003 08:41 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I am sure a poll will soon indicate rare tigers prefer occupation forces captivity under Saddam Hussein.
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 20 September 2003 08:46 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Grrrr. Hiss. We cats are FURIOUS! And we WILL have our revenge against those naked apes.
From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 22 September 2003 01:26 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Never get out of the boat.
From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 22 September 2003 03:48 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Pseudofelinoids Anonymous will be holding the funeral ceremony shortly.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kuba walda
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3134

posted 22 September 2003 02:50 PM      Profile for kuba walda        Edit/Delete Post
What a moron --- Talk about sttopiidty ---- putting your hand in the cage of a tiger.

and they give these people guns!

lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 22 September 2003 04:51 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Moreover, being publicly drunk in a Muslim country - even a country that had a secular state like Iraq - is in really poor taste and offensive to local sensibilities.

Something very similar happened at the Kabul zoo, remember? A Taliban fighter jumped into the lion pit in a macho show, and one of the (starving) lions ate him. His brother, or cousin, lobbed a hand grenade at the lion, partially blinding him. The poor lion has recently died of old age and infirmities.

HeywoodFloyd
token right-wing mascot
Babbler # 4226

posted 22 September 2003 05:01 PM      Profile for HeywoodFloyd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I guess it doesn't matter which side you are on. Some people are just dumber than a sack of hammers.
From: Edmonton: This place sucks | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 22 September 2003 05:09 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
No, Heywood: Drunken soldiers who've been encouraged to think of themselves as conquering heroes but who are in fact scared stupid little boys now overdosing on testosterone are way worse than any other "side," except for the perverted scientists, most of whom are also overdosing on testosterone.
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 23 September 2003 02:55 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
So what's Ann Coulter overdosing on?
Timebandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1448

posted 23 September 2003 03:25 AM      Profile for Timebandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I think she buys that testosterone cream they've come up with by the caseload and bathes in it.

Just a theory.

From: Urban prairie. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jingles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3322

posted 23 September 2003 01:31 PM      Profile for Jingles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I sincerly hope that the scumbag soldiers responsible for this idiocy contract colol-rectal cancer from their exposure to DU, and die a most horrible, painful death.

That includes their entire chain of command as well.

That would be justice.

From: At the Delta of the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 23 September 2003 01:40 PM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jingles:
That would be justice.

So wouldn charging and convicting them under their code of military justice, wouldn't it? I mean we have military and civillian laws against drunk and disorderly conduct. Don't the Yanks?

From: the process of recovery | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Meowful
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4177

posted 23 September 2003 01:40 PM      Profile for Meowful   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Unfuckingbelievable! I am incensed! Poor freakin' creature! Stupid, stupid freakin' soldiers!!
From: British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 23 September 2003 01:41 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well, personally I'm partial to feeding them to large felines ... (audra, we need a CAT smiley).
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 23 September 2003 06:12 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Ever since this morning my imagination has been conjuring up these horrific images of Ann Coulter and Condo Rice having a sleep-over/pyjama party together.

They're eating no-fat rice crackers, spinning Frankie Avalon 45s and torturing cats...

Mandos
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 888

posted 23 September 2003 06:40 PM      Profile for Mandos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
OK. Thanks for giving us that image. I need to go dunk my head now.
From: There, there. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca