babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Batya Gur in Ha'aretz

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Batya Gur in Ha'aretz
Mandos
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 888

posted 12 September 2003 01:45 PM      Profile for Mandos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
She makes a provocative comparison. I post it because this comparison has been considered verboten and I have entirely avoided it. But it has been recorded in Ha'aretz, and the recoil is very similar to the recoil we see here.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/339474.html

From: There, there. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 12 September 2003 02:10 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
"You're calling us Nazis!" shrieked the soldiers, and within a minute this word became a precious possession upon their lips. They rejoiced in their justice and I could already imagine all the self-righteous people gloating over the use of this word.

That idea that Jews and/or Israelis "possess" the word "Nazi" is useful. They are the only people allowed to use it, as if by copyright.

Zionist settlers can call the peaceful ISM volunteers who help Palestinians with the olive harvest "Nazis," and get away with it, but it is forbidden for leftists (oh, just for example) to point out any obvious similarities between the oppression of Arabs in Palestine and the oppression of Jews in Germany.

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Blind_Patriot
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3830

posted 12 September 2003 03:07 PM      Profile for Blind_Patriot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
And just thing that this 70 year man was a teen when the Zionist forces came to Palestine to begin their ethinic cleansing. He was definetely old enough to remember the days when he walked a free man in the land he calls home !!

I can't even imagine what was going on through his mind, when being harrased by an occupier, young enough to be his great-grand-daughter.

From: North Of The Authoritarian Regime | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Courage
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3980

posted 14 September 2003 11:53 PM      Profile for Courage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mandos:
She makes a provocative comparison. I post it because this comparison has been considered verboten and I have entirely avoided it. But it has been recorded in Ha'aretz, and the recoil is very similar to the recoil we see here.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/339474.html

The article is fine. The thing that really caught my attention was the little pop-up window that appeared on the Ha'aretz site - a little propaganda-by-images about 'terrorism' and 'terrorism by the numbers', etc. 'Countless lives shattered' it avers, and yet one can safely assume that no Palestinian lives are part of the counted set....

[ 14 September 2003: Message edited by: Courage ]

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca