babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Plans in the works for another Israeli "Berlin Wall"

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Plans in the works for another Israeli "Berlin Wall"
josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 24 July 2003 12:14 PM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This one to run parallel to the Israeli-Jordanian border which, together with the "western wall," would effectively "encircle" the Palestinians.

Article also has interesting info on new domestic troubles facing Sharon.

http://www.forward.com/issues/2003/03.07.25/news1.html

From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Blind_Patriot
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3830

posted 24 July 2003 12:37 PM      Profile for Blind_Patriot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Ah, nothing like herding up those filthy Arabs, next to their superior masters, the Israeli's. Well it seems easier to build a prison around them rather them imprison them within Israel.

This song comes to mind:

Creed
My Own Prison

A court is in session, a verdict is in
No appeal on the docket today
Just my own sin
The walls are cold and pale
The cage made of steel
Screams fill the room
Alone I drop and kneel
Silence now the sound
My breath the only motion around
Demons cluttering around
My face showing no emotion
Shackled by my sentence
Expecting no return
Here there is no penance
My skin begins to burn

(And I said oh) So I held my head up high
Hiding hate that burns inside
Which only fuels their selfish pride
(And I said oh) We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one

I hear a thunder in the distance
See a vision of a cross
I feel the pain that was given
On that sad day of loss
A lion roars in the darkness
Only he holds the key
A light to free me from my burden
And grant me life eternally

Should have been dead
On a Sunday morning
Banging my head
No time for mourning
Ain't got no time

(And I said oh) So I held my head up high
Hiding hate that burns inside
Which only fuels their selfish pride
(And I said oh) We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one...

From: North Of The Authoritarian Regime | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Courage
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3980

posted 24 July 2003 01:05 PM      Profile for Courage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by josh:
This one to run parallel to the Israeli-Jordanian border which, together with the "western wall," would effectively "encircle" the Palestinians.

Article also has interesting info on new domestic troubles facing Sharon.

http://www.forward.com/issues/2003/03.07.25/news1.html

And some here say - in earnest we are to believe - that Israel is really committed to a sovereign Palestinian state. Sure, sovereign unless you count that they won't control their borders, their import and exports, their water supply, etc., etc.. The latest 'negotiations' are a stalling tactic to allow more time for the construction of a fait accomplit regarding the 'Security Fence' and the solidification of certain 'unmovable' settlements.

Blind_Patriot
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3830

posted 24 July 2003 02:18 PM      Profile for Blind_Patriot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Courage:

And some here say - in earnest we are to believe - that Israel is really committed to a sovereign Palestinian state. Sure, sovereign unless you count that they won't control their borders, their import and exports, their water supply, etc., etc.. The latest 'negotiations' are a stalling tactic to allow more time for the construction of a fait accomplit regarding the 'Security Fence' and the solidification of certain 'unmovable' settlements.

Many on this board think that this is ok.

From: North Of The Authoritarian Regime | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 24 July 2003 03:52 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well, that article is about much more than the "eastern fence," although we've several times before seen said eastern fence drawn on maps of the planned outrage, and this is the first confirmation I've seen that the Likudniks actually plan to build it.

Well, so: it simply must be stopped. The whole fence makes a joke of the road-map process.

Sharon's legal problems are fascinating as well. "... unnamed Austrian millionaires who wanted to finance Sharon for their own interests ..." What does one make of that? Austrian? Austrian???

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca