babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Anti Semitism rampant in Europe

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Anti Semitism rampant in Europe
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 09 July 2003 06:27 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Shity little state gets snubbed
Courage
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3980

posted 09 July 2003 06:46 PM      Profile for Courage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Egads!
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 09 July 2003 07:40 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Clockwork, for some strange reason I can't read your link. I do see that it is from Haaretz.
I'd be surprised to see Haaretz using such a sensationalistic title as "anti-semitism rampant in Europe", however.

From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 09 July 2003 07:50 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
clock is being ... clockish.

The story is about the EU's courting of Israel, in order to bring Israel into something called "the Wider Europe."

The EU is courting Israel for, among other reasons, its potential ratification of the Kyoto accord, apparently now in process, which would bring the number of states that have ratified to the minimum required to implement -- and thus cock a snoot at the U.S.

lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 09 July 2003 08:02 PM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yes, I went to Haaretz, and saw that article, but it had nothing whatsoever to do with anti-semitism (thank God!).
From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 09 July 2003 08:12 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
clock was being sarcastic about all the reports that have appeared in the mainstream press (and, believe it or not!, have been linked to sometimes on babble ) about how anti-semitism is rampant in Europe.

propaganda is making our clock impatient. The title of the thread is ironic.

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 10 July 2003 12:55 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
He's too good for his own britches.

As I've mentioned elsewhere I don't feel that Israel should be pursuing closer economic ties with the EU unless it can retain its own currency. Israel's situation is bad enough without being forced to undertake the deficit and interest rate "adjustments" that the EU agreement would require.

That having been said I'm glad to see that cordial negotiations are taking place.

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Blind_Patriot
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3830

posted 10 July 2003 05:10 PM      Profile for Blind_Patriot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
It'll never happen Doc.
From: North Of The Authoritarian Regime | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca