babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » Two lands for two people

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Two lands for two people
Mishei
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2785

posted 28 June 2003 06:55 PM      Profile for Mishei     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This is an interesting initiaitve. I would like your opinions. Thanks Justice for passing this on to me.

Two lands for two people

[ 28 June 2003: Message edited by: Mishei ]

Smith
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3192

posted 28 June 2003 07:05 PM      Profile for Smith     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Sounds like a good idea in principle, although I'm more than a little disturbed by the degree of segregation it calls for.

Still, this looks basically like the Gush Shalom solution, which I support.

Justice
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3877

posted 28 June 2003 08:21 PM      Profile for Justice     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I already tried to get people to support it here but what ever gets people to support it I'm for.

http://www.rabble.ca/babble/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=28&t=000456&p=

If Sari Nusseibeh and Ami Ayalon can agree there is no reason why the rest of can't

Dear smith I also must quote Sari Nusseibeh if there is ever going to be peace.

quote:
The Israeli's will have to give up the dream on Schem and Hebron and the Palistinians will have to give the dream of Hiafa and Accre

Maybe after a very, very long time we can turn the Middle East in to something like the EU where people can travel freely and mix and live where ever however they like but one thing at time you can't just dump things on people although like this imitative states something's must be done immediately.

[ 28 June 2003: Message edited by: Justice ]

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 28 June 2003 09:10 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Why are there two threads on this same topic? (See below, started by Justice.)

(I have tried to link to the thread-starting links on both this thread and Justice's, but for some reason, Young Ironsides cannot digest these links. I see that others can. Tant pis. Young Ironsides is like that.)

Y'know, Justice, pretty words are ... pretty. What would obviously make a difference right now would be for the drastically more powerful party to find the intestinal fortitude to see the peace plan through.

Either that, or send in an international peace-making force. Och: we should have been constructing such so many years ago. We have to start now.

Ignore the Americans. Rebuild the UN.

Justice
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3877

posted 28 June 2003 09:28 PM      Profile for Justice     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Y'know, Justice, pretty words are ... pretty. What would obviously make a difference right now would be for the drastically more powerful party to find the intestinal fortitude to see the peace plan through.

I agree with you. This is exactly what this initiative is about fuck everyone power to the people. A drastically more powerful party to find the intestinal fortitude to see the peace plan through, Is exactly what is needed on both sides.

An Israeli force to move settlers with out hesitation and by all means humanly necessary and possible

And a Palestinians force to centralize Palestinian security and round up all the radical terrorist groups running wild.

Justice
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3877

posted 28 June 2003 09:31 PM      Profile for Justice     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
P.S. if I were a moderator I'd have no trouble closing the other link and continuing from here. What ever the majority happy I'm for it.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca