babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » US Soldiers accused of rape

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: US Soldiers accused of rape
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 09 June 2003 11:28 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
According to the daily As-Saah, the girls, aged 14 and 15, were talking to American soldiers in Suwaira, 180km south of Baghdad, on Friday when the soldiers suggested they accompany them to their camp to take pictures but then collectively raped the pair ...
and the US wants to muzzle press that reported story...
quote:
"The As-Saah newspaper clearly and blatantly abused its recently attained freedom to report responsibly to the Iraqi people," the Centcom statement said.

"Furthermore, this report contradicts the efforts made by the budding Iraqi media establishment to provide honest, fair, and accurate journalism to the public."

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 10 June 2003 12:00 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Jesus H. Baldhaired Ole Christ.

I hope said US soldiers are thumped in court-martial, booted out of the armed forces, and dumped into Ft. Leavenworth posthaste.

The sad panda indicates how I feel about how fast the US government's agents (the armed forces) have been using up the goodwill initially generated by toppling Iraq's government.

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Youngfox.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4102

posted 10 June 2003 01:56 AM      Profile for Youngfox.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post

[ 23 September 2003: Message edited by: Youngfox. ]

Mohamad Khan
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1752

posted 10 June 2003 02:20 AM      Profile for Mohamad Khan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
i've been wondering about the Sad Panda.

it doesn't look all that sad to me. hepped up on goofballs, maybe, but not really sad.

just my honest opinion. how can we ascertain the verity or falsity of its sadness?

and...oh look! i've posted in the mid east forum. now i will go away.

From: "Glorified Harlem": Morningside Heights, NYC | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dr. Mr. Ben
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3265

posted 10 June 2003 02:34 AM      Profile for Dr. Mr. Ben   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I would just like to mention that pandas are the worst animals ever. That is all.
From: Mechaslovakia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 10 June 2003 02:39 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Pandas Anonymous, an affiliate of Pseudofelinoids Anonymous, will shortly be visiting your garden and chewing the plants while Pseudofelinoids shred your drapes.

Commando, MOVE OUT!

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 10 June 2003 02:40 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mohamad Khan:
just my honest opinion. how can we ascertain the verity or falsity of its sadness?

I say it's a sad panda. End of story.

TommyPaineatWork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2956

posted 10 June 2003 03:29 AM      Profile for TommyPaineatWork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post

[ 10 June 2003: Message edited by: TommyPaineatWork ]

Ray Peterson
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4178

posted 10 June 2003 08:59 AM      Profile for Ray Peterson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Peterson, for God's sake, source.

WingNut, for God's sake, source

From: Hinkley Hills | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 10 June 2003 10:03 AM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
GASP! Yer right. How in hell did that happen?
Right on it.

Here we go:
Click

Sorry about that folks. I slipped.

Also, as an additional note, it is quite possible the rape never happened. It could be an attempt to malign US troops and raise the level of hostility toward them.

It is instructional to note that in the US charges or rape against black men used to lead to lynchings. In Iraq, charges of rape against infidel forces could lead to shootings.

[ 10 June 2003: Message edited by: WingNut ]

Albireo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3052

posted 10 June 2003 12:17 PM      Profile for Albireo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Here's another chilling little bit from that story:
quote:
[A statement from U.S. Central Command] said coalition forces would "take every step necessary to correct this report and ensure the Iraqi media becomes a credible source of information for the public."

WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 10 June 2003 12:44 PM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, that is something I found really intersting which is why I quoted the passage in my initial post.

Whether the allegation is true, the US sees the solution to be a controlled media. I guess it workls so well at home.

Trisha
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 387

posted 10 June 2003 03:15 PM      Profile for Trisha     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Whether or not this particular report is true, American or any soldiers for that matter have been known to rape during occupations. In fact, they've even been known to rape their own. This isn't the first report of rape to come out of this war and likely won't be the last.
From: Thunder Bay, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca