babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » the middle east and central asia   » PNAC (the neo-cons) move on Iran

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: PNAC (the neo-cons) move on Iran
josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 28 May 2003 12:10 PM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/EE28Ak01.html

Bring back the Shah's son.

From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
ronb
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2116

posted 28 May 2003 01:23 PM      Profile for ronb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Great. Why not put Pinochet back in power while we're at it. Good plan.
April Follies
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4098

posted 28 May 2003 06:55 PM      Profile for April Follies   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
And we all remember how much the Iranians welcomed the Shah with open arms the last time he was there...

Oh, whoops! I wrote "open arms" when I meant "well-loaded armaments". Sorry 'bout that...

From: Help, I'm stuck in the USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
John K
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3407

posted 28 May 2003 11:53 PM      Profile for John K        Edit/Delete Post
Anybody other than me noticing the schizophrenic nature of U.S. foreign policy? On the one hand, there is the Powell/Blair group with a road map to establish an independent Palestinian state within two years. On the other hand, the PNAC neo-cons who are pushing for regime change in Iran. I need a road map to figure out the Bush Administration.
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 28 May 2003 11:55 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
You need a road map, a depth sounder, a GPS and a laser-guided telescope to figure out the Bush Administration.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 29 May 2003 11:14 AM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The plan:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/ITeamInsider.html

http://globalresearch.ca/articles/LEO305C.html

From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 29 May 2003 11:44 AM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
(This post brought to you by the Project Against Side-Scroll (PASS)).
From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
beluga2
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3838

posted 30 May 2003 05:35 AM      Profile for beluga2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by josh:
Bring back the Shah's son.

If the Dubyites get things rolling quickly enough, maybe they'll be able to get the Shah (Jr.) into power in Tehran by August 19th, 2003!!

That, of course, would be fifty years to the day after the CIA brought the Shah (Sr.) to power by overthrowing Mossadegh. Wouldn't that be cool?

Plus ca change...

From: vancouvergrad, BCSSR | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Willowdale Wizard
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3674

posted 30 May 2003 06:26 PM      Profile for Willowdale Wizard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
a list of American Enterprise Institute articles that might give a hint as to what these folks are planning.
From: england (hometown of toronto) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca